No announcement yet.

2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baby Fraser-Price doesn’t Look too impressed by mum’s achievement.

Comment

That performance from Dina now edges her up the European all time list, now joint 7th with Thanou (boo!) and Koch (boo!).

I think in the next couple of years, Dina will be running in the 10.70's herself... Maybe even challenging Christine Arron's European record if she stays injury-free and is running in the right conditions.
      Last edited by RunUnlimited; 30-09-19, 04:22.

Comment

Seriously why do athletes who are Mums after birth still stay at a World class level when they come back?

Comment

You know what I'm wondering now after that 100m semis and final?

Who do the USA have to run the 4 x 100m relay? It's obvious that Bowie and Gardner are out of the World Champs with their injuries... And according to the entry list for it, they are now down to Akinosun, Bryant and Daniels. Can they draft runners in from the 4 x 400m squad or will that have to "DNS" from the relay altogether?

Comment

Anyone on the team can run, so they could use hurdlers, 200m runners, long jumpers etc. The naming extra bodies is just about limiting having too many additional athletes going to a Champs. They’ll be fine to put out a team, but likely without enough flat speed or baton practice together to factor. That said, most Americans went to colleges on a scholarship and made relay teams, so if they can get some time together, might not be terrible, but unlikely to medal against Jamaica, Britain, Germany and China

Comment

Well done Dasher, that was as much as we could have expected. But she’s now of the status where we did expect that. And I now expect that she will win the 200. No pressure!

BBC montages are cringeworthy, repetitive, crass, embarrassing, naff, boring......less is more !!

”Crowd” is an outright embarrassment. Said it before, but this really is a cr*p choice of venue. Everyone makes mistakes, learn from it. And well done to the BBC team for highlighting it.

Sorry ibarnett01, I really didn’t like the mixed relay. A mildly diverting novelty, but no more than that. Shouldn’t have medal status.

Great TJ. Congrats to Taylor, a top class athlete who competes with a smile on his face.

Well done Holly. I think 4.80 is pretty much her limit, but she gave it all she had and that’s her best global result.

Comment

• carterhatch
                carterhatch commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree Ursus with you about mixed relay... a blessing team GB didn't win a medal to give UKA an excuse to devote more resources to relay funding hahahaha but I am afraid every sport is obsessed with including mixed evetns.... how long before Football?

• trickstat
                trickstat commented
                Editing a comment
                As for football, I can't see it happening at top level in any kind of 'contact' sport. But I may be wrong.

They could draft in Allyson Felix, and they have women set to run the 200

Comment

Excellent run by Dina, no disgrace in losing to arguably the greatest female sprinter ever. Who would have said she’d achieve such a phenomenal feat a few years ago. 10.99 in 2015, then she focused on the 200 for the next few years. We always knew she would be a world medalist but more likely in the 200 so to have this success in the 100 is a huge bonus. The women’s 200 looks like it could be a bit of a damp squib with no SAFP or Miller-U and question marks over Thompson and Schippers. Which presents opportunities for other athletes (Jodie Williams I’m looking at you)

It might not be a popular opinion around here but I thought Giles and Langford were unlucky. Kyle got chopped up by the Kenyan with 250 to go which cost him a metre and then barged into with 50 to go, he may have snuck through otherwise. None of the finalists from 2017 made the final.

Our 200 guys looked good

Comment

Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                  Excellent run by Dina, no disgrace in losing to arguably the greatest female sprinter ever. Who would have said she’d achieve such a phenomenal feat a few years ago. 10.99 in 2015, then she focused on the 200 for the next few years. We always knew she would be a world medalist but more likely in the 200 so to have this success in the 100 is a huge bonus. The women’s 200 looks like it could be a bit of a damp squib with no SAFP or Miller-U and question marks over Thompson and Schippers. Which presents opportunities for other athletes (Jodie Williams I’m looking at you)

Our 200 guys looked good
                  On the women's 200m, it won't be a "damp squib" from my perspective if Dina comes away with a gold medal.

Also though Schippers said that she'll be ready for the 200m tomorrow, an abductor strain is a pretty serious issue and I'd be not surprised if she is a "DNS" by the time her heat is set to start.

As for the men's 200m, there is some definite chances for at least getting two men into the final, if not all 3, which I'm pretty sure would be a first at a World Championships.

Comment

Pleasantly surprised by H Bradshaw and hope she builds on this for next year. SAF untouchable today but DAS favoured event is the 200! With MHS or Neilsen in the Mixed4x400 would've been a medal and better chance than Male4x4 or Female 4x4.. medal chance missed.

M800 runners performed as I thought - Giles had a good go. Hopefully the depth we have now can bring through a couple of 1.43 runners. (See earlier post)

Taylor dominant in the TJ but I cant see him getting Edward's record now.

Comment

Well, he won't get it this year. He hasn't had a convincing season this year even though he has now won the title for the 1000th time. If he gets back to his previous consistency and is pushed by the others, it could happen.
                      it's funny that the HJ, TJ, and LJ records have been 'vulnerable' for some years now and still not touched whereas the women's 400 hurdles record seemed out of this world since.

Comment

Working...
                      X