• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 3

Day 3!

Later start today.
    https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/ia...imetable/byday

Tonight's highlight obviously the women's 100 final. Fraser-Pryce looks like the clear favourite at this point.

Comment

I think Dina is favourite for Silver, I haven’t been convinced by Thompson for a few months. There’s a good battle on for Bronze now as Ta Lou looked extremely good yesterday.

Youve got to feel for Elliott Giles, that was one of the best performances I’ve seen him produce, winning his heat and he still gets the loaded semi with Rotich, Murphy, Vazquez and Kszczot. Langford by contrast wasn’t as good and still gets the easier semi

Comment

this idea that dinas favourite for silver is way off the mark, ta lou ran a time that matched dinas pb yesterday and thompson will probably be a lot faster today, shes in with a chance for a medal but she could also finish outside the medals, there is also the possibility that she could win the gold

Comment

• Christy93
          Christy93 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldnt say it's 'way off the mark'. We all know Dina is in shape to revise her PB, she has handsomely beaten Ta Lou & Thompson all year and played her cards very close to her chest yesterday. She looked just as easy as Thompson and ran substantially faster. She could easily miss the medals, but I would say she has to start as more favoured than at least Ta Lou.

Any idea what the mixed relay line ups are?. Would love to see Nielsen, Williams and mhs in. But would settle for Chalmers or Cowan replacing Rooney.

Comment

• Ladyloz
          Ladyloz commented
          Editing a comment
          I've not seen any official splits but read that Rooney split 45.3 which is pretty good in terms of how he has been running individually this year. Only MHS can really run much quicker than that.

I think Diamond and Yousif will probably not be asked to run again given they have the individual. Alison Curbishley has said Laviai doesn't want to run this, not sure what MHS feels about it. They're both on funding so TPTB could pull rank, especially if they want to hit that medal target.

Will Naser run again? Bahrain probably need her but equally it could hurt her chances in the individual. I think the Americans will bring in Alyson Felix.

Originally posted by Laps
        Thompson, I think, has been managing her achilles problem.
        She's also been undergoing orthodontic treatment and has joined that group of athletes who have dental braces fitted in adulthood. Wasn't that something of a thing a few years back?

Comment

• Christy93
          Christy93 commented
          Editing a comment
          SAFP had them didnt she? The up and coming Brazilian sprinter, Rosa, also has braces.

well, here we go, if Dasher doesn't get a medal tonight, it will be key barometer for Team GB. BBC opened up with Gabi et al clearly stating their disappointment with the crowd size, and don't forget that the 2022 World Cup will be in Qatar, that will be jolly good fun too... I bet there are a few IAAF officials with big fat brown envelopes who will be keeping a low profile...

Comment

Holly Bleasdale's coach didn't come across as the demented loon he looks like.

Comment

I'd still run Adam lead off on the 4x100. Always runs a great bend in his 200.

Comment

Zharnel Hughes through easily into the semi-finals of the 200m, coming second to Xie in his heat in 20.24

Comment

I missed Gemili's heat... I did not realise that he ran 20.06!

Also in that heat was Nigerian wonderboy Divine Odururu, who ran sub 10 in the 100m and sub 20 in the 200m at the NCCA Finals, but he was beaten handily by Gemili, only managing to finish in 4th place in 20.40. Should be good enough for a fastest loser spot, but it's clear that his hugely busy collegiate season has meant he'll not be at his best here in Doha.

Comment

SAFP has withdrawn from the 200

Comment

looks like SAFP Is anticipating winning gold tonight having already withdrawn fro the 200.

Comment

Gemili looked commanding in his heat.

Comment

Alex Quinonez, the Ecuadorian record holder with 19.87, set at the Lausanne Diamond League earlier this summer, wins heat 3 with a fast 20.08, beating Yohann Blake quite handily.

Comment

Working...
                        X