No announcement yet.

2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatlin running as fast at 37 as he ran when he was 22 and juiced up there... 👀👀👀

Comment

Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
      Gatlin running as fast at 37 as he ran when he was 22 and juiced up there... 👀👀👀
      top two, Coleman and Gatlin... great advert for track and Field !!!You have to go back a while to find slower mens semi in the 100m; only one guy beats 10.00.

Comment

Well done Andre de Grasse.

Comment

Seeing Coleman and Gatlin top two is seriously putting me off athletics all together (although I did predict it in the comp)

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
            Meanwhile in the men's long jump, we could have a huge story here... Tajay Gayle has just leaped 8.69m! That's the 10th longest jump in history! It's a World Lead and breaks James Beckford's national record and Commonwealth record that's stood since 1997! Amazing competition!

(Further on Gayle's jump... it's the longest jump in a World Championship final since Ivan Pedroso's 8.70m effort at the 1995 Worlds in Gothenburg!)
            we all knew there would be surprises in these Championships but i dont recall anyone selecting Gayle for the LJ. Great come back from Henderson after a poor year for him.
            Looks to me that the USA are going to bag a whole heap of medals this time round.

Comment

Simbine, 9.93... no medal.

And Zharnel Hughes was poor. Stumbled at the start then over-strided in the closing stages. At least he acknowledged that in the after race interview, but his talk about breaking Linford's British record during the UK champis look really foolish.

Well, onwards to the 200m for him.

Comment

Bold predictions for the women's 100m semis and finals..... Dina will break her own British record twice and win a medal. Her times? 10.82 in the semi-final and 10.78 in the final.

Comment

• Christy93
                  Christy93 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Weird, I had a dream that she went 10.82 in the SF last week... (yep, t&f dreams lol)

Certainly looked very easy today.

Not a fan of that men's 100m light show (not of the result either tbh)

Didn't add anything to the build up. It's not a bad idea to hype the anticipation, far from it, but the execution was poor and we didn't see much of the athletes. I want to see their faces and judge their nerves before the start.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes

There's some quite big gaps between some track events.
                  Yes I noticed that, a big gap between the end of the 10k and the start of the 100, allowed the final round of the LJ to be showcased. Well played the IAAF

Comment

I should have foreseen Echevarria’s performance tonight, he’s been erratic all season. He jumped further in qualifying. Brilliant jumping from Gayle to go from 8.30 to 8.46 in the final then onto 8.69, astonishingly good. An exceptional final in general, 8.20 for 6th.

The less said about the 100 the better. Enjoyed Hassan’s run very much

Comment

Anybody else get an Okagbare vibe from Zharnel? I know he's Euro champ, but he blows so hot & cold... 9.95 heat in London looked electric, then lost to Edoburun at trials and couldnt break 10s at Worlds, appearing very tight...

A healthy Prescod is Brtain's only real hope for a male sprint medal in Tokyo in my honest opinion.

Comment

• CAML
                        CAML commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Prescod's absence a real blow go for GB. There were 2 medals up for grabs there and Prescod would have taken one. I do think he has to reassess where he's at. He ran 10.04 and 20.38 in 2016 and he goes into 2020 with pb's of 9.94 and 20.38. He's the most talented British sprinter I've seen but those times do not begin to reflect his talent.

Has McMaster been reinstated? Official results don't show him as DQ. No way did he fail to try to clear that hurdle, even if he did make a complete hash of it.

Comment

• Ladyloz
                        Ladyloz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes he's been reinstated.

Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
                      Anybody else get an Okagbare vibe from Zharnel? I know he's Euro champ, but he blows so hot & cold... 9.95 heat in London looked electric, then lost to Edoburun at trials and couldnt break 10s at Worlds, appearing very tight...

A healthy Prescod is Brtain's only real hope for a male sprint medal in Tokyo in my honest opinion.
                      i would not put too much credence on Prescod: thats been done before with CJ Ujah and Dasaolu. I believe a random great British sprinter will eventually appear but a while to wait for that to happen.
                      A propos Euro track standards, which i have been negative about before, I dont think you will see too many performances of note by Euro athletes on the track. We are now largely a field events continent. Hopefully DAS will be an exception but i did not select her as a winner in the 200m and i cannot see her beating SAFP. today. A medal though tonight , one of our few i expect.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about the light show. It was really impressive and would have been a great way to kick off the main evening's entertainment. Directly before the 100m didn't work for me. I think it detracted from the inherent drama of the event. What could be more dramatic than watching Christie, motionless staring down the home straight, or Green pacing around like a caged tiger, or Asafa Powell absolutely bricking himself before the Athens 100m?!

Comment

Working...
                        X