Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 IAAF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS (Doha, QAT) Day 1

Dear All...

It has finally arrived and hope Run Unlimited will forgive me for posting a Day 1 topic to collect our musings...

For reference

https://www.iaaf.org/competitions/ia...imetable/byday
    Last edited by carterhatch; 27-09-19, 12:25.

Those empty seats....

Comment

J.M Echevarria flies out to an easy looking 8.40m (-0.6 m/s) to qualify with his opening jump of the long jump qualification round. A statement of intent leap I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes
        At some point the Beeb will need to explain to the casual viewer why some athletes competing at the World Championships don't have a World Ranking.
        Has someone from the IAAF explained it to the BBC even?

Comment

Junice Sum, former world 800m champion, guilty of making one of the cardinal sins of running; pulling up at the line during a qualifying race thinking they had done enough... then getting caught on the line by Morgan Mitchell of Austrailia.

Oskan Clarke on the other hand, made sure of getting into the top 3 running hard over the last 100m to follow Rayven Rodgers (USA) over the line. The first British qualifier in these Championships.
          Last edited by RunUnlimited; 27-09-19, 15:25.

Comment

Alex Bell, by sheer force of will, and running in lane 3 on the final straight, managed to get into 3rd place in her heat and qualifies for the semi finals

Comment

Alex Bell did her level best to not qualify for the semifinals there. Messy, bad positioning, but fair play, got 3rd. One to forget, and run the semi like her final.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                I could have predicted that happening to Sharp. No ability to take control of a race or lead. Serves her right, to be honest.

Wow did not expect Green to miss out there... Fair play to the Chinese lady, Wang; She was a top junior with Wilson & Jess Judd.

Comment

Lynsey Sharp.

What can I say?

No Semenya.

No Wambui.

And she still managed to bottle it.

Out in the heats?

What will she say this time?
                Last edited by RunUnlimited; 27-09-19, 15:56.

Comment

Inept really. Well done to Bell and Oskan-Clarke though.

Who will Sharp blame for that?

Comment

Well, that's virtually guaranteed that Britian won't win a medal in the women's 800m, because I'm not sure that Oskan Clarke or Bell have quite got the pace to do it. Sharp did. But she's now out after misjudging her heat badly.

Comment

All I'll say is.... Typical Lynsey Sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by larkim View Post
                        Inept really. Well done to Bell and Oskan-Clarke though.

Who will Sharp blame for that?
                        Can't point at Semenya and Wambui this time.... This was all on her.

Comment

cough cough... i meant Oskan Clarke for my predictions ...

Comment

Well, she looks stunned, but only herself to blame. Wilson, Rogers & Nanyondo looked the best of them.

Comment

Working...
                            X