No announcement yet.

2018 Outdoors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also props to Nick Goolab. Is this his first senior appearance in a xc vest? Speaking of comebacks we musn't forget Ross Millington either
    Last edited by frankie cahill; 29-11-18, 14:25.

Comment

What are your thoughts on Marc Scott, Lucky? Am I being over optimistic in thinking he can step into Andy Vernon's occasionally angry shoes? I think he could become a real talent for us over the next few years. I'd certainly like to imagine he has sub 13:20/28:0 in his range

Comment

Frankie,
        Don't know what's happened to Rhona Auckland. As far as I'm aware she hasn't retired but she hasn't raced for 2.5 years. I did see video of her training at New Mexico about 18 months ago so I think she's still going.
        Yes, that's a first senior XC vest for Nick Goolab. I thought Marc Scott ran very well at the Euros in Berlin. He's already very close to those times but would need to be a bit faster I think to be in contention for European track medals. It seems to me there's a mini-resurgence happening in European men's distance running, led by the Ingebrigtsens, so if he can ride that wave ...

Comment

Nice marathon debut for Steph Twell in Valencia - 2:30:12. Top European however was Ana Dulce Felix, 2:25:22, in her best run since her European 10,000m silver in 2016.

The men's race was one of the deepest ever - six runners at 2:05:26 or better. The winner Leul Gebrselassie has run just 2 marathons, both of them in 2:04.

Over at the USA Marathon Championships Emma Bates, the 2014 NCAA 10,000m champion, had a great 26.2 debut winning in 2:28:18. It was on the cards because things seem to have really clicked for her this year.
          Last edited by LuckySpikes; 03-12-18, 11:28.

Comment

Twell's run looked very well controlled in terms of pacing, negative split and consistent pacing throughout indicating a lot more to come. impressive 1500m to marathon range now for her. Though we need to remember that 2:30 is nothing on the international scene so she needs to find 20s per mile at least, or 30s per mile at best, to be mixing it with anyone of any calibre.

Her time puts her 2nd this year for UK women in the marathon, putting into context what a rubbish year they've had, even with a decent amount of potential depth there.

She's only 25th on the UK alltime 10000m but still ought to be able to convert that into a 2:24 or faster you'd hope. But our women seem to be a bit stuck below 2:28s at the moment. Since 2012, only three British women have gone faster than 2:29, Claire Hallisey, Sonia Samuels and Freya Ross.
            Last edited by larkim; 03-12-18, 15:04.

Comment

Originally posted by larkim View Post
              Twell's run looked very well controlled in terms of pacing, negative split and consistent pacing throughout indicating a lot more to come. impressive 1500m to marathon range now for her. Though we need to remember that 2:30 is nothing on the international scene so she needs to find 20s per mile at least, or 30s per mile at best, to be mixing it with anyone of any calibre.

Her time puts her 2nd this year for UK women in the marathon, putting into context what a rubbish year they've had, even with a decent amount of potential depth there.

She's only 25th on the UK alltime 10000m but still ought to be able to convert that into a 2:24 or faster you'd hope. But our women seem to be a bit stuck below 2:28s at the moment. Since 2012, only three British women have gone faster than 2:29, Claire Hallisey, Sonia Samuels and Freya Ross.
              Yes, agreed. It will be interesting to see where a full year or two of marathon training can take her. 30s per mile might be pushing it though. That would take her down to 2:17!

She's a bit of a 'shuffler' so I think it might suit her.

Comment

But to mix it with the best, that's the size of the task - 2:17s is where big city marathons are won. If she was a solid 2:22-ish she'd have a medal chance on the right day, especially if she could close using 1500m pace. The reality is we are very poor at marathons today, but there's no reason why we shouldn't discover a Yamauchi in the next few years to parallel Hawkins in the mens.

Comment

First up, have one of either in accomplishing that stamp. Its horrible expecting dina to convey all the heaviness of desire in the ladies runs for this nation, time for a portion of our other best gifts to venture up and progress

Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans

Comment

perhaps Muir,Mo on the off chance that he does marathon,KJT a conceivable, I prohibit transfers right now.

http://historicarmouries.com.au/
                    Last edited by Henry; 31-12-18, 11:37.

Comment

Working...
                    X