Teams for Doha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teams for Doha

This could be a useful space for team annoucements as they are made.

France has announced a team of 57 athletes.

https://www.iaaf.org/news/news/mayer...cted-doha-2019

Still waiting on a few additions after invites have been announced as I understand. Solene Ndama is also expected to go in the heptathlon.

I think France and Germany are always good indicators with which to compare the UK against. If I was to pick I would opt for the UK team in terms of talent accross the board, the French team is looking a little empty in places particularly on the women's side.

Canada names 49 in its squad

https://www.iaaf.org/news/news/canad...-championships

Comment

Any teams including "invited" athletes? Seems to be no noise from UKA about invites accepted / rejected, was hoping to see invited athletes on other teams to evidence the fact that the process was actually happening.

Comment

Two athletes confirmed they are doubling today, Warholm in the 400 and 400h, and Korir in the 400 and 800

Comment

It's being reported that Genzebe Dibaba is out of the World's through injury, a boost for Laura Muir's medal chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Runner88 View Post
            It's being reported that Genzebe Dibaba is out of the World's through injury, a boost for Laura Muir's medal chances.
            i think that may have to be looked at in light of LM not having competed for two months and we do not know how race fit she is. My own view is that she will have a mighty job on her hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Runner88 View Post
              I suspected that she'd be out of the World's after she pretty much limped the final 150m of the 1500m in the Zurich Diamond League final last month. As for Laura Muir, she's been out since winning the mile at the Birmingham Diamond League though was still selected for Doha. How race ready and fit she is to mount a challenge for a medal in 2 weeks time is yet to be determined. If she was fully fit, this news would have put her right up there as one of the favourites for gold certainly.

Comment

By the time Doha does finally start a lot of athletes won't have raced for a month or more, I'm not sure how much of a factor it will really be. I do agree with Ladyloz that Jenny Simpson will be right there in the hunt for medals.

Comment

Originally, Laura said she only missed a couple of weeks training and was back running in w/c 8/8. The Scotsman reported she was back training on the track in the week of the Trials. However, her Twitter implies that a track session on September 5th was her first for a while. I'm guessing there was a setback in August. Regardless, I think if she is back doing hard track sessions a full month before the champs, we don't have too much to worry about. The way she runs indoors suggests she isn't one of those athletes who needs 2 or 3 races to get 'race sharp'. Meanwhile Kipyegon is back after a similar time off, so those two will be competing on a level playing field. The big danger is Houlihan. Weird racing programme (or lack of it) for her, though. Assuming Hassan goes for the 5/10 double I think the medals are between those three, with Simpson lurking 10m behind ready to steal a bronze off one of them mistimes their kick!

Comment

Germany names a team of 71

https://www.iaaf.org/news/news/world...19-german-team

Comment

American team is out; 141 athletes.

http://www.usatf.org/News/Star-studd...19-IAAF-W.aspx

Women's 4x1 looks extremely vulnerable to GBR & GER for silver behind Jamaica.

Comment

The provisional entry lists are out, only 19 out of 24 available spaces used up in the heptathlon (Schafer now injured). Lots of other fields have fewer than the target number.

Comment

Fuss being made of Nick Willis failing to make the NZ team, despite the NZ federation booking him on flights etc. He was within the rankings which would have normally expected to get an invite, but because 4 nations have added their "wild card" athletes to the 1500m pool (because they don't have anyone else qualified) his 42nd position on the performance rankings list has missed out, which has caught NZ and Willis by surprise.

Comment

Grice is on the provisional list in 1500m and 800m? Is that just the normal "reserve" policy showing or have I missed something?

https://www.iaaf.org/news/press-rele...19-entry-lists

Comment

Yes just reserve

Comment

Working...
                              X