Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Natalia Krol (née Pryshchepa) has been given a 20 month ban starting from Jan 2020 and ending in Sep 2021. She has accepted the decision and won't be contesting it.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Another big name whereabouts failure, Elijah Manangoi: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/53514038

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    At 42 years old when he returns that may very well put the cap on his career.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Wilson Kipsang banned for 4 years for his whereabouts failure case.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre Johansson View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets a stiff penalty. I'm tired of this race hustling nonsense, and even though USATF and USADA gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time, he wasn't grateful and he showed no remorse... and keeps doing the "I'm a victim" nonsense. Bye, bye, Chris. Go Matthew Boling and Ronnie Baker. Seem like classy guys.
    Sadly the case of Usadas feeble and dishonest behaviour is even better exemplified by the case of the American female boxer who claimed that the illegal substances in her body was as a result of sexual couplings with the boyfriend, and she got away with it.. So much for the principle of you are responsible for whats in your body.

Leave a comment:

• Laps
    commented on 's reply
    Well if you go down the "perceptions" path you are bound to end up in the wrong place. Facts and reality work better.

Black people are incarcerated at the rate of x5 compared with white people in the US. Whatever the cries of racism they are still being punished, no doubt mostly correctly in accordance with US law.

We are the ones that sell the bridges.

• jjimbojames
    replied
    This thread has commented on lots of non-Americans, it’s certainly not “hate” or just anti-US. Posts from Philipo are probably the strongest ‘anti-US’ on the thread, but he is like that with everyone he believes is in the wrong, not just Americans.

As for GT’s post - when most of the BLM narrative has been asking people not to deflect from the issue at hand, she’s been masterful at doing exactly that. It shouldn’t matter what colour/country you’re from, if you want to make a career from sport, play by the rules, including the anti-doping ones. It doesn’t help her own cause that instead of focusing on that, she ignorantly calls this out as some sort of racism on the track community’s behalf.

Leave a comment:

• Pierre Johansson
    replied
    Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post

But this time Coleman's fate isn't in USADA's hands. Instead he's been provisionally suspended by the (worldwide) Athletics Integrity Unit. It is they who will investigate further and decide on any ban. And I believe they will do so by the book without any consideration for race issues. To do otherwise would severely undermine their credibility.
    Don't get me wrong, I hope he gets a stiff penalty. I'm tired of this race hustling nonsense, and even though USATF and USADA gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time, he wasn't grateful and he showed no remorse... and keeps doing the "I'm a victim" nonsense. Bye, bye, Chris. Go Matthew Boling and Ronnie Baker. Seem like classy guys.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre Johansson
    The anti-American hatred is strong in this thread LOL I'm trying to put myself in USADA's shoes; either we're lenient with Coleman and get called "lying hypocrites", "arrogant Americans" etc. by Eurotrash and Jamaican morons who care nada about doping on their own shores (talking about Jamaica and SOME European nations here) or we get called "racist hu-wite supremacists trying to hunt down and lynch the black man" by American blacks. Seems like they're stuck between a rock and hard place.
    No hate, Pierre - just a certain amount of cynicism based on the number of US athletes (including Coleman himself!) who have avoided bans on technicalities in the past few years. It makes USADA look at best toothless, and at worst willing to overlook wrongdoing.

And I despise doping whoever does it, whatever their nationality or race.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    The anti-American hatred is strong in this thread LOL I'm trying to put myself in USADA's shoes; either we're lenient with Coleman and get called "lying hypocrites", "arrogant Americans" etc. by Eurotrash and Jamaican morons who care nada about doping on their own shores (talking about Jamaica and SOME European nations here) or we get called "racist hu-wite supremacists trying to hunt down and lynch the black man" by American blacks. Seems like they're stuck between a rock and hard place.
    But this time Coleman's fate isn't in USADA's hands. Instead he's been provisionally suspended by the (worldwide) Athletics Integrity Unit. It is they who will investigate further and decide on any ban. And I believe they will do so by the book without any consideration for race issues. To do otherwise would severely undermine their credibility.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 21-06-20, 23:02.

Leave a comment:

• Pierre Johansson
    replied
    Just to strengthen my point: Coleman retweeted this tweet by Gabrielle Thomas (another one of those "whereabouts failure" sprinters):

https://twitter.com/ItsGabrielleT/st...17252660113408

"White track & field athletes tweeting nonstop about Coleman’s missed tests but it was like pulling teeth getting them to repost a single post about black people getting killed in the street."

Leave a comment:

• Pierre Johansson
    replied
    Originally posted by Laps View Post

Well if you think that anybody with an ounce of integrity thinks in that way, fair enough.

But their job is to apply the rules without fear or favour. What happens after that isn't their responsibility.
    Coleman was whining about racism LAST time he was in trouble, so if you think giving him a severe punishment in this political climate (when white people in the US almost religiously apologise for their "white privilege") won't lead to outrage and cries of racism, I've got a bridge to sell you. His main competitor in the coming years may very well be Matthew Boling, a white American, which makes the situation even more delicate.

Leave a comment:

• Laps
    replied
    Well if you think that anybody with an ounce of integrity thinks in that way, fair enough.

But their job is to apply the rules without fear or favour. What happens after that isn't their responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    True enough: the problem US T&F have is that the US legal system never backs them up, unlike in France, Italy etc.

Leave a comment:

• Chaykin
    replied
    I can see it's now also a "Black Lives Matter" issue...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X