No announcement yet.

Latest doping news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than the Times, I'm not sure many other newspapers etc. ran with the Dustin story. I suspect that other journos did a bit of digging and found out about the lab contamination and decided not worth the risk from a legal perspective. These stories should only really become public once the AIU have formally charged an athlete.

Matt Lawton clearly ran the story based on a 'source'. Quite a few people on social media have hinted towards the likely source and my instincts are the same.

Comment

• Christy93
      Christy93 commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of support from other GB athletes for Langford's take too. Unsurprising with Matt's reputation. Speaking of reputations, I noticed Seren Bundy-Davies has furthered her reputation as a bitter, unpleasant person too - Shocker. Drama all over British athletics Twitter.

• SprintRelayFan
      SprintRelayFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah I see now. Kyle and matt Yates arguing feels like 2018.
      Jamie has been nothing but courteous and respectful though over the selections

• RunUnlimited
      RunUnlimited commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, what's this about Seren Bundy-Davies?

• Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
    Not here to name names, but I've heard from 2 well placed people this evening that the laboratory has admitted fault for Dustin's positive test result and he will be running in Tokyo.

frankly I'd still be worried about the lads mental health right now, and It's only a matter of time before those rotten American reactionaries start using his name to score points RE Sha'Carri Richardson.

EDIT: Story now up in The Times. The case against Dustin has been dropped by French anti-doping authorities due to "cross contamination". Poor lad, what an awful few weeks he must have had.
    he will be competing at the Olympics ; the French officials at the June meet made errors; lucky boy.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
      SprintRelayFan commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t see him as lucky - having all this shit to deal with in the run up and missing a diamond league

• trickstat
      trickstat commented
      Editing a comment
      So you really think that a 800m runner from Workington is a regular user of 'Colombian marching powder'? What are you smoking?

• Sovietvest
      Sovietvest commented
      Editing a comment
      Philipo, please, please read the detail of this story. The very last thing the “boy” is, is “lucky”.

• trickstat - As someone from just down the coast originally, I would say that if I came from Workington, I'd take whatever I could to escape reality.

Comment

• Just saw Elliot Giles’ tweet. Class.

Comment

• Quinonez ban confirmed, one year.

Athletics-Ecuadorian sprinter Quinonez banned for a year for whereabouts failures (yahoo.com)

Comment

• Alex Wilson, he of the short-lived euro record is out of the games with a doping ban
          Tokyo Olympics: Switzerland sprinter Alex Wilson out of Games after provisional anti-doping ban re-imposed (msn.com)
          Also one I'd missed is Kariem Hussein - has held his hands up to taking a lozenge with a banned ingredient
          Athletics-Swiss hurdler Hussein out of Games after doping ban | Reuters
          Rumours flying about Jamaican and US failed tests but nothing concrete

Comment

• Originally posted by SprintRelayFan View Post
          Alex Wilson, he of the short-lived euro record is out of the games with a doping ban
          Tokyo Olympics: Switzerland sprinter Alex Wilson out of Games after provisional anti-doping ban re-imposed (msn.com)
          Also one I'd missed is Kariem Hussein - has held his hands up to taking a lozenge with a banned ingredient
          Athletics-Swiss hurdler Hussein out of Games after doping ban | Reuters
          Rumours flying about Jamaican and US failed tests but nothing concrete
          Rumours from where I wonder.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
            SprintRelayFan commented
            Editing a comment
            Just stuff on twitter really

• Occasional Hope
            Occasional Hope commented
            Editing a comment
            Those rumours don't seem to have come to anything.

• Almost half the NIgerian athletics team has been removed due to lack of testing: AIU-PRESS-RELEASE-20-ATHLETES-NOT-ELIGIBLE-FOR-TOKYO-2020-AS-MINIMUM-TESTING-REQUIREMENTS-NOT-MET-BY-CATEGORY-A-FEDERATIONS-FINAL.pdf (athleticsintegrity.org)

Comment

• Blessing Okagbare provisionally suspended for failing drug test

Comment

• Sovietvest
              Sovietvest commented
              Editing a comment
              Human Growth Hormone.

• Occasional Hope
              Occasional Hope commented
              Editing a comment
              No wonder she's been posting such unexpected times this year.

• Not good when you look at who is in her trading group (Rana Reider’s): Bromley, De Grasse, Gemili, Nieta. At best a massive distraction. At worst, guilt by association.

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
              SprintRelayFan commented
              Editing a comment
              There’s never been another reider athlete trapped thoygh has there?

• Sovietvest
              Sovietvest commented
              Editing a comment
              True, SprintRelayFan - that will help in the PR- stakes. Also, it seems that group is massive, so it's not as if it can be a particularly close coaching relationship.

• Is it a coincidence that Okagbare is in the frame 10 minutes after calling out the Nigerian national admin in strong terms on twitter for the non-testing fiasco?

Comment

• SprintRelayFan
              SprintRelayFan commented
              Editing a comment
              She’s never had a good relationship with them though has she?

• trickstat
              trickstat commented
              Editing a comment
              Does anybody. They appear to have been driving athletes away for years!

Obikwelu, Alozie etc etc

• Kenyan sprinter Mark Otieno Odhiambo also chucked out of games for positive test. Can't see any reference to him on here, so might have been missed.

Comment

Working...
            X