No announcement yet.

Diamond League 2019 - Birmingham Grand Prix 18th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fillery ran well today, he could yet get the standard for Doha next week. I wouldn’t rule out Gemili making the 100m final in Doha, world junior champion and commonwealth silver, he has pedigree

Comment

Originally posted by philipo View Post

Wont be in the 200m in Doha will she. The Jamaicans will be DAS main opposition. A possible medallist but i cannot see a Goldie for DAS
      its very possible she gets the gold captain negative, its also very possible she doesnt, i wouldnt put any of the other athletes ahead of her apart from maybe smu who probably wont be running it

Comment

SMU definitely not running the 200m in Doha. The only person missing today was Thompson. DAS has said they’re going for one peak, which means we should expect sub-22 and more likely a 21.8 or better.

On yesterday’s race; I haven’t seen SMU had to run out of an inside lane in years. Put her in lane 3 and DAS in 6 and I think it’s a different race. You can’t pick your lane in an OG final

Comment

She was comfortably ahead of Elaine Thompson yesterday. It's by no means in the bag, but I'd say she was definitely in contention for gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
            She was comfortably ahead of Elaine Thompson yesterday. It's by no means in the bag, but I'd say she was definitely in contention for gold.
            Elaine Thompson? I believe you're confusing your world class Jamaican female sprint superstars... That was Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce that Dina finished ahead of, not Thompson.

Comment

Good to see Oliver Bromby get an invite for the 100m, he obviously was never gonna figure, but great experience. If the wind had been the same as Heat 1, would have run faster than Harry AA.

When we've got some promising young guys coming through, plus likes of Edoborun, why Harry AA keeps getting invites baffles me.

Comment

anybody interested in Long Jump s might have a look at a fine meet at Fukui this w/e when legal 8.40.8.32 and 8.23 jumps by the top 3 japanese competing are seen via Track and Field Forum plus of the new male japanese record in the 110 m hurdles in 13.25.

Comment

• MBChristie
                MBChristie
                MBChristie commented
                Editing a comment
                Not often you get four national records at a purely domestic meet. (Hashioka who came 2nd got a long jump NR in round 1, which Shiroyama beat in round 3. There was also a Women's 100 Hurdles NR of 13.00)
            Working...
            X