• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kat saved the best for last, 6.85.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
      Kat saved the best for last, 6.85.
      The heptathlon in Doha is going to be mental! There is a real possibility here that KJT could be threatening Jess Ennis' British record of 6955 points if she gets everything right in all her events... And if everything is clicking for Thiam... well... could she get into the 7100 points range?
      Last edited by RunUnlimited; 18-08-19, 15:41.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        The big question about Thiam is if her elbow injury is going to hamper her throws.

• jjimbojames
        jjimbojames commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed. I do think she’s focused on her jumps because she’s trying to recover still. Kat needs to nail her track events

Originally posted by LuckySpikes
      Competition for the 3 places on the men's 800 team might be hot but, whoever goes, they don't look like being remotely competitive in Doha. (No, philipo has not inhabited my mind!)
      Gotta take in consideration the weather conditions... blowy on the back straight which doesn't help. Neither does the huge size of the field either, which won't be a factor in Doha. I think they'll be fine and competitive in the World's.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        as MHS said after his race, the conditions are the same for all of them.

• Laps
        Laps commented
        Editing a comment
        The one thing I would be confident of with the 800m is that todays race was irrelevant to Doha.

Lynsey Sharp looked strong in 2nd in the 800.

Comment

KJT’s final jump showed immense mental strength - it has come on leaps and bounds. Yes, Thiam has improved, but Kat has improved on things, too, and feeling confident she can keep hanging on will be crucial

Comment

• larkim
          larkim commented
          Editing a comment
          It's surely relatively easy to be putting the nerves to bed in a DL single event. Very very different in Doha. I don't think we seen the last of the KJT jitters. And technically she should have the runway sorted by now, especially as it is an event which she clearly enjoys and is world class at in it's own right.

• Laps
          Laps commented
          Editing a comment
          KAT has moved on. Apparently her critics haven't. No-jumps will happen from time to time but there is no sign of the jitters, the stutters and the looking like she wants to be somewhere else.

• jjimbojames
          jjimbojames commented
          Editing a comment
          She did say something about changing her run up, so it may be a case of bedding that in. If so, she clearly got more distance and great lift off the board from it. Time will tell, but she was clearly thinking she could jump further, which is a good sign

Adam’s final 40m bodes really well for the 200m - which he doesn’t have the standard for yet! Either very confident of getting it next weekend or a race lined up elsewhere just after...

Comment

SMU looked good but didn’t run away from DAS as she did last year, which will give DAS confidence. It’s definitely her best chance of gold this year

Comment

Was not expecting 6.86m for Thiam! That surely means even if KJT gets the better of her in the long jump on the day it won't be by much. We haven't heard much of whether KJT will go for any other events besides the heptathlon at Doha, but surely a space in the long jump is hers if she wants it with Ugen and Proctor both struggling, Can't see Sawyers pulling it out the bag next weekend.

DAS is doing everything she can to put herself in for a shout of a medal. The 200m still looks like her strongest chance.

Great to see MHS back. I could see him pushing for a final spot come Doha, the standard across the board is not mind blowing so far this year.

Lynsey Sharp hasn't won the UK title since 2015. I think she probably will do it but she has messed it up tactically a couple of times the past couple of years.

Comment

Lynsey doesn’t tend to run well in Trials-esq races but she does appear a different level this year. I’m sure she will be hoping someone will force the pace, which suits her much better!

Comment

Thiam jumps 2.02 and 6.85 this season, superb athlete

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                  not terribly impressed by the American Roberts in the men’s hurdles. the long NCAA season catching up with him?
                  looks like a yes

Comment

Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
                    Hmm not sure Max Burgin running was the best idea there. Quite clearly not back at his best after his injury.
                    burgin is still a kid with talent so i think he can realistically think about the U-20 next year. Our other 800m runners... what can one say about our runners in their own backyard. Probably say there saving their last 100m burn ups for next week.. !!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes
                      Competition for the 3 places on the men's 800 team might be hot but, whoever goes, they don't look like being remotely competitive in Doha. (No, philipo has not inhabited my mind!)
                      you know well, lucky, that our middle distance athletes , men that is, are pretty second rate.

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                        SMU looked good but didn’t run away from DAS as she did last year, which will give DAS confidence. It’s definitely her best chance of gold this year
                        Wont be in the 200m in Doha will she. The Jamaicans will be DAS main opposition. A possible medallist but i cannot see a Goldie for DAS

Comment

can anyone explain the appalling performances of two British women in the steeplechase. Nearly 10 minutes and they will be social mediaing like crazy if they werent selected on the back of the IAAF satandrads. Wonder what excuses they have .

Comment

Working...
                          X