Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb run by Dina.

Comment

• Now begins the selector headaches.... because Asha Philip took the 2nd place in 11.22 and she doesn't have the Doha standard, while Neita who *does* have the standard, came 3rd, and Lansiqote was 6th
      Last edited by RunUnlimited; 25-08-19, 08:56.

Comment

• drobbie
        drobbie commented
        Editing a comment
        seems pretty easy to me, if philip doesnt run the time the other two go

• jjimbojames
        jjimbojames commented
        Editing a comment
        Lansiquot doesn’t have the standard, either, as La Chaux isn’t recognised. Surprised she hasn’t found other races to get it. Philip no doubt has planned to find other races, as opened very late

• whatwouldIknow
        whatwouldIknow commented
        Editing a comment
        Lanisqout was 6th not 4th

• Typical Great Britain. Perfect weather conditions in terms of temperature and dryness for sprinting fast times.... but of *course* being GB, the wind is blowing into their faces! Dina with a +0.9m/s tailwind would be getting into the 10.8's in that final.

Comment

• Gemili wins it!

(Whoops! It's actually Edoburun with the win!)

Comment

• Hughes in 3rd! Behind Edoburun!

Comment

• Edoburun... delivering on all that talent finally. Big decision to be made if Prescod is fit now...

Comment

• drobbie
              drobbie commented
              Editing a comment
              i think prescod has already ruled out the rest of this season

• Bit of a Surprise In The men’s 100.I should think Hughes will get the discretionary place.

Comment

• Well then! Who could have predicted THAT result?!

Comment

• Good tweet from Jon Mulkeen

https://mobile.twitter.com/Statman_J...91278722052096

Comment

• Ojie revealing perhaps something that I think has been affecting him in the last few years.... and rather than it being physical, it was mentally that he struggled with expectations (both his own and from others for him) and this has held him back from getting into major championship squads. I'm really happy for him and I think that making the World Championships could be what takes him into the next level, or certainly sets him on his way to that level.

Comment

• Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
                    Pretty much what I said earlier... and in fact in a similar speed tailwind, that would be a 10.81/10.82... if not a bit quicker.

Comment

• Pleased for Edoburun, a couple years back I really thought he would be challenging and having read his blog was very impressed with what he had to say. I hope can now go on and fulfil his undoubted talent.

Comment

• Looks like there could be a gold medal up for grabs in the WC 100m. A question mark remains over his fitness, but Prescod is the only British sprinter who can win gold. No big decision for me, Prescod every time.

Comment

• But isn’t he injured?

Comment

• The overall feeling after Day 1 is one of slight disappointment. The 100m finals were good. Very happy for Edoburun. DAS had sub 10.9 performances with more helpful winds. She is right in the mix for a 100m medal.

Field events were down across the board and had disappointing levels of depth. Womens hammer has had a record number of women over 60m this year (16), and we only had 2 over 60m today...

Mens high jump, long jump and the womens triple jump had very little of note to write about. Ogbeta looking unlikely to go to Doha. Bramble had 8m potential but technique let him down.

Comment

Working...
                            X