No announcement yet.

British Championships 24-25th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harsh because of the wind drop, but no Harry AA in final. Those poor performances have come back to bite him here. Surely in danger of not getting selected for the relay

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
      I'm trying to watch this on the Red Button, and there is nothing but the Final Score... WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

(Hmph! Looks like its on the BBC website... well how about *telling* people this BBC!?!)
      This what annoys me about so much here. It IS on the Red Button, just look!

Go to Athletics on the Red button (Other Sports)

So many of you get into a lather about this athlete or that athlete or are great haters of others. Yet are not in the sharp end of the sport, relying on social media, not know many if any in person

Comment

Originally posted by burnley183 View Post
        Harsh because of the wind drop, but no Harry AA in final. Those poor performances have come back to bite him here. Surely in danger of not getting selected for the relay
        Good. HAA since running that 10.11 in Berlin (and windy 10.00 at the infamous La Chaux-de-Fonds track a week later) in June, has not run well at all and yes, he was unfortunate to be in a heat with a strong headwind, but he still ran poorly and paid the consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by whatwouldIknow View Post

So many of you get into a lather about this athlete or that athlete or are great haters of others. Yet are not in the sharp end of the sport, relying on social media, not know many if any in person
          there is no option for that on my tv, only final score is availble, the blue button normally gives extra options but none are there

Comment

You'd hope that might be the moment Jodie Williams wakes up to the fact she is not ever going to be a top notch 100m sprinter and focus on 200/400 instead.

Comment

• jjimbojames
              jjimbojames commented
              Editing a comment
              I think she knows that already but needs to be in contention a bit more in the first 100m, rather than ever expecting to make the team in the event

Originally posted by LuckySpikes
            I don't like the "Bye" system for the 100m. That's totally wrong IMO.
            I’m starting to like it, I think some of the bigger names are more inclined to double up this weekend knowing there is one fewer race. I think more of them are doubling than in previous years - Jodie Williams, Desiree, Gemili, Zharnel that I can think of
            Last edited by treadwater1; 24-08-19, 15:57.

Comment

Originally posted by whatwouldIknow View Post

I went to the Red Button service at 2:45pm because we were told that the tv coverage on BBC would be on there at that time. I did that and found only that Final Score was on and that the menu options had nothing else to chose but "Exit". And its been like that ever since.

I'm there now and it is still the same.

So no, this isn't *my* fault as you are trying to imply.

Are you a BBC representative by any chance? And why are you attacking people here with your very first post new person that I've haven't seen here before?

Comment

• drobbie
                drobbie commented
                Editing a comment
                exactly, the usual piss poor nonsense from the bbc

Does anyone know if Duckworths got a decathlon lined up to try and make the standard for doha?

Comment

• jjimbojames
                jjimbojames commented
                Editing a comment
                Already has it from last year - multis window was May 2018

"Are you a BBC representative by any chance? And why are you attacking people here with your very first post new person that I've haven't seen here before?"

No, just someone who has an active involvement in the sport, a genuine fan who gets out and about for more than the last 40 years . I have posted before, but do not see to indulge in prolonged loads of comment to validate myself...

Comment

• it does make me laugh that I am having to watch the British championships on my old laptop (my fault) with poor streaming ( very frustrating) and cant find out from the BA results whether KJT did infact compete in the Shot Put as those results aren't showing (annoying) ....

BBC just showed KJT has thrown a best of 12.60 ... hmm
                Last edited by carterhatch; 24-08-19, 16:16. Reason: updated news

Comment

• They’e Just said on the live non-broadcast. KJT thrê 12.60.

Comment

• Allen Smith with some rather colourful language as he clears 2.25m on the 3rd attempt to win the British high jump title.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes
                      Paula making excuses for our female steeplers - the gap to the best in the world is too big, she says.

Despite this, the rest of Europe are continuing to make progress with steeplers from unfashionable athletics backwaters such as Slovenia, Albania, Israel & Denmark all faster than our best.
                      To be fair, you'd argue that their best steeplechasers are actually their best middle distances athletes fullstop pretty convincingly. Fancy sending the two Laura's over the hurdles... ha

Comment

• Well done Harry Coppell with 5.71 to qualify for Doha.

Comment

• DAS 10.96 CR (-0.9 m/s)

Comment

Working...
                          X