No announcement yet.

British Championships 24-25th August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When are British Athletics / UKA going to update their results page service... Looking fairly outdated compared to other ones we've seen this season and no live updates for field events...

Comment

They’re probably saving money, so they can send more athletes to Doha....😉

Comment

W middle distance looking very strong these days. 800-5000.

What kind of nick is Boffey in? Can she upset the 800m seniors' apple cart?

Comment

Rachel Miller wins heat one of the 100m in 11.50 (+0.9 m/s)

Apparently she was eligible for a bye into the next round, but declined it to get a run out in the heats.

Comment

• carterhatch
            carterhatch commented
            Editing a comment
            the fact Ms. Miller was running an early heat confused me, so thanks for the insight... where are you watching?

Risqat Fabunmi-Alade, 25, wins heat 2 in 11.92 (+1.2 m/s), the Swansea member quite someway down on the PB she set earlier this season of 11.63.

(BTW, the wind readings are looking pretty promising for later on in the day...)

Comment

the fact Ms. Miller was running an early heat confused me, so thanks for the insight... where are you watching?
            The cruddy live results page that Treadwater1 posted here a little earlier... http://www.uka.org.uk/results/201908...dex/index.html

I'd *rather* be watching it live on TV though, whether on BBC1 or 2, the Red button or online.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              thanks RunUnlimited, I am following it on there too....

Cassie-Ann Pemberton and Kimberly Baptiste win heats 3 and 4, in 12.04 (+2.5 m/s) and 11.76 (+0.9 m/s) respectively... though I have to say, I'm looking at the "Wundermap" interactive weather map service which I have focused on the Alexander Stadium right now, and the wind direction overlay is clear showing the wind blowing in the faces of the sprinters on the start/finish straight, so I'm taking those wind readings in the results with a large pinch of salt, especially with how slow the times are, regardless of this being the opening heat.

Comment

The final heat is won by Desiree Henry in 11.78 (+1.1 m/s), which believe it or not is her first competitive run in the UK, both indoors and outdoors, since 2017!

Comment

• carterhatch
                carterhatch commented
                Editing a comment
                yes, Ms. Henry is the result of most note, in my view, of the heats... I do hope she continues to progress to where she was .... I cant confirm yet, because the W400 start lists keep going '404', but is Maya Bruney going to do both 100 and 400 heats!

carterhatch commented
              yes, Ms. Henry is the result of most note, in my view, of the heats... I do hope she continues to progress to where she was .... I cant confirm yet, because the W400 start lists keep going '404', but is Maya Bruney going to do both 100 and 400 heats!
              Yep, good to see Henry back in action after her surgery... As for Maya Bruney, running 12.56 (!?) in her heat suggests to me that she might not bother turning up for the 400m heats. She is in no form at all. That injury she picked up in Geneva last year has really set Bruney back hugely.

Comment

• carterhatch
                carterhatch commented
                Editing a comment
                start list still '404' so time will tell, but might she just have jogged through with her focus on 400? it would be a great shame if her injuries persist, but I did notice somewhere she has recently graduated, so maybe her focus wasnt on athletics this year

Originally posted by LongStrider

Is this the same case for Robertson?
              No idea. *Shrugs*

Comment

KJT in the start list for Shot Putt

Comment

• jjimbojames
                  jjimbojames commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very positive move by her. Doing the hurdles would be good and then find a later comp for the jumps. Would have loved to see her run the 400m but that can wait!

• Heat 1: (+1.4 m/s)
                  1 Andrew Robertson, 10.59 Q
                  2 Ade Adewale, 10.63 Q
                  3 Destiny Ogali, 10.92
                • Heat 2 (+1.1 m/s)
                  1 Theo Etienne, 10.45 Q
                  2 Eugene Amo-Dadzie, 10.57 Q
                  3 John Otugade, 10.64 q
                  4 Nick Stewart, 10.67 q
                • Heat 3 (+1.9 m/s)
                  1 Kyle De Escofet, 10.52 Q
                  2 Owain Lloyd Hughes, 10.66 Q
                  3 Kevin Metzger, 10.68 PB q
                • Heat 4 (+2.8 m/s)
                  1 Reuben Arthur, 10.57 Q
                  2 Kaie Chambers-Brown, 10.61 Q
                  3 Rechmial Miller, 10.68 q
                  - Omar Grant DQ
                • Heat 5 (+1.0 m/s)
                  1 Confidence Lawson, 10.55 Q
                  2 Micheal Olsen, 10.62 Q
                  3 Nicholas Pryce, 10.69 q
                • Heat 6 (+2.0 m/s)
                  1 Adam Thomas, 10.68 Q
                  2 Chad Miller, 10.78 Q
                  3 Nathan Gilbert, 10.85
                • Heat 7 (+2.4 m/s)
                  1 Sam Gordon, 10.71 Q
                  2 Imranur Rahman, 10.86 Q
                  3 Kyle Ennis, 10.89

​​​​​​​

Comment

Good shout on Yasmin Liverpool; 52.49 PB in heats, behind a 52.18 SB for Clark. PSD 53.13 currently also a fastest loser spot 🤞🏻

Comment

• carterhatch
                    carterhatch commented
                    Editing a comment
                    and Maya Bruney did have a run out at 400 after her effort in the 100

And a timely SB for Zoey Clark. Wish there was a live stream so that we could see how the heats unfolded. Nielsen will win it I'm sure but the other medals are going to be tight. I'm not sure whether PSD will be able to raise her game again and go sub 53.
                  Nielsen, Diamond and Clark for the medials. Liverpool for 4th?

Comment

Headwinds in the last 2 races.

Comment

Working...
                    X