Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christy93
    replied
    Xiaojing Liang 11.13 PB in Asha's race; Ge Manqi 11.23 & Yongli Wei (11.26) also; But PBs of 10.99 & 11.04. China are one leg short of a really good 4x1.

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    commented on 's reply
    Really impressive; Equal PB, but probably her best ever when conditions arw taken in to account. Asha always comes up clutch. Lansiquot back to decent form 11.20 in 5th.

Asha-Lansiquot-Daryll-Dina would be my line up; Neita ran a good bend in her 200 earlier this season.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Job done for Asha Philip, 2nd in 11.10 (+0.7m/s) behind Ewa Swoboda, 11.07.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    I’m pretty sure Sawyers and Jessie Knight are at the Belgian Champs this weekend, for a final roll of the dice. Obviously, you’re balancing rest and their team knows more than we do etc, but I’m amazed someone like Asha has put all her eggs in tonight’s basket - I’d have lined up races and pulled out if I got the standard. In Asha’s case, I might even want a few races, given lack of a season etc

Leave a comment:

• Charlwilxo
    replied
    Lots of British athletes also in action in Switzerland including Cindy Ofili

start list: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/effc4...12a79d6ee8.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Charlwilxo
    replied
    Asha Phillip will be running at be ISTAF meet in Berlin tonight, hopefully she can get the standard

Startlist available : https://www.istaf.de/download/startlist2019.pdf

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Unfortunately for him I cannot see British Athletics accepting any invitation. The selection document for Worlds states that invites may only be accepted if an athlete has medal potential for Doha or Tokyo.

They may just accept one for Jaz Sawyers or Cindy Ofili (and before anyone comes back on this, no I won't be rushing to put money on them to win medals) but Jaz has decent championship pedigree and 6.86 her PB could be good enough to get on the podium - of course it could take 7:06 but these things are often difficult to predict. Being on funding will help her cause too. Cindy Ofili arguably has a stronger case (more specifically for Tokyo) as she has been closer to a global medal, just 0.02 off the podium in Rio but I fear for her that no longer being on funding will go against her.

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Doesn't work like that jjimbojames. The IAAF are not going to issue invites where they are already multiple qualifiers from the same country.

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    Midnight tonight for UKA’s criteria , but I guess they might be hoping to get high enough up the rankings to make a case when the invite comes that UKA should accept it

https://www.uka.org.uk/EasysiteWeb/g...ype=Attachment

• Runner88
    replied
    Phil Norman is still in with a chance of getting the invitation from IAAF which I think he deserves. He's twice come just short of the time with runs largely by himself. Of course I'm sure he doesn't trust British Athletics to accept the invitation and wants to take the selection into his own hands.

Leave a comment:

• frankie cahill
    replied
    Whilst trying to find out about the selection dates on British Athletics twitter, I noticed with a certain grim humour that they're wishing Melissa Courtney a happy birthday and telling her to have a great day. Unfortunately, I'm not sure she will...

Leave a comment:

• frankie cahill
    replied
    Learmonth possibly not finished yet? Goes again in Zagreb on Tuesday as does Phil Norman in the steeple. Does anyone know when the cutoff for selecton is? Can't seem to find any info
    Last edited by frankie cahill; 01-09-19, 01:56.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    carterhatch: yes he did , and according to tonbridge twighlight twitter ran 1:46.31, and he does make a very gracious twitter himself thanking all concerned.
    Me, after the men's 800m final in the Trials: I'll make a prediction now, Learmonth will struggle to get the time... and if he *does* get the time for Doha, he'll go out in the heats.
    Well, looks like my prediction is currently right on track... Remind me, what is the point of a "Guy Learmonth"?

Last edited by RunUnlimited; 31-08-19, 14:29.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    yes he did , and according to tonbridge twighlight twitter ran 1:46.31, and he does make a very gracious twitter himself thanking all concerned.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Was Guy Learmonth in that race at Tonbridge too? What did he run? I can't see any results on Po10 yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X