Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
    sarah mcdonald runs 1.59.91 for a pb paced by lynsey sharp
    Brilliant! Well done! The race was a BMC race at Tipton, women's only (sometimes BMC races below the Grand Prix level are mixed.)

Now, if she can take 0.47s off her 1500 PB she will join the very select club of UK athletes who have gone both sub-2 & sub-4. Currently its membership stands at just two - Kelly Holmes & Laura Muir.

Others have come close:
    Lisa Dobriskey 2:00.14 / 3:59.50
    Christina Boxer 1:59.05 / 4:00.57
    Kirsty Wade 1:57.42 / 4:00.73
    Hayley Tullett 2:00.49 / 3:59.95
    Zola Budd 2:00.55 / 3:59.96

Comment

• MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Hannah England managed global Silver with a 1500m PB of 4:01.89 and 800m of 1:59.94, which shows just how much the standard has risen in the past 8 years! McDonald is an excellent runner and racer who should be disappointed not to make the final in Doha.

McDonald continues to impress, there’s a good battle between her and Weightman to be the next to go sub 4. Looking at her Pof10 she’s been a late developer, her PBs in 2015 at 22yo were 2:10.4 and 4:23.58 since then she’s chipped away at her PBs, setting new ones each year in both events. I’d say she’s got a chance of making the final in Doha, that 800 speed will certainly help
    Last edited by treadwater1; 14-08-19, 22:07.

Comment

Windy 10.06 (+2.5) for Romell Glave tonight in his second run after returning from injuries. Nice to see him back. Do we know whether GBR or JAM is his intended end destination in terms of representation yet?

Comment

I read on her twitter that Seren Bundy Davis had her spikes and trainers stolen from her car (what kind of person would do that) all the more galling that clearly Ms. Bundy Davis is trying to return to the sport she loves. On her twitter she has a clip of her last run and I have to say she really does stand out, a lovely smooth action, tall, and flowing. ( Lucky spikes informed me she was running the Manchester International but I can find results or if the incident mentioned curtailed this) ... we talk often of how injuries undermine a career, I do hope this apparent step up to 800 works out, and she jests 'now for the 4x400, what chance she might make the first leg of a relay her own?

Comment

• LuckySpikes
          LuckySpikes commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry to hear this. Yes, she didn't start in the Manchester International.

Sophie Hitchon has announced in Twitter that she has ended her season.
        Let's hope she can get somewhere near her best form next year.

Comment

Originally posted by oxfan View Post
          Sophie Hitchon has announced in Twitter that she has ended her season.
          Let's hope she can get somewhere near her best form next year.
          Absolutely. I hope this is purely because she's been throwing like a drain and there aren't any other factors at play.

Who coaches her now?

PoT says its been Gustafsson since 2013, previously Derek Evely 09 - 12 and Dave Smith before that. TOPS shows that its Evely.

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus View Post

Absolutely. I hope this is purely because she's been throwing like a drain and there aren't any other factors at play.

Who coaches her now?

PoT says its been Gustafsson since 2013, previously Derek Evely 09 - 12 and Dave Smith before that. TOPS shows that its Evely.
            I did say that after her debacle in Bydgozcz that Sophie should end her season early, forget about Doha, and focus all her efforts on sorting her technique out for next year and the Tokyo Olympics. I'm glad that she has taken this step.

Comment

Disappointing for Hitchon, I can count the number of field eventers who’ve won a Olympic medal and had two top 8 WC finishers in the last 10 years on one hand, she will be missed in Doha.

The women’s hammer is quite interesting at the UK level at the moment, Jess Mayho is second on the rankings this year with 66.44, only 82nd in the world so nothing to write home about but it was her 5th PB of the year and the conditions were far from ideal when she threw it in Manchester yesterday.

The two Charlotte’s, Williams and Payne, both did well at the euro u20s recently, both making the final. Williams is a first year u20, she’s thrown further this year than Hitchon did at the same stage 62.84 vs 60.73, she’s also listed as from Blackburn and coached by Hitchon’s dad

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

I did say that after her debacle in Bydgozcz that Sophie should end her season early, forget about Doha, and focus all her efforts on sorting her technique out for next year and the Tokyo Olympics. I'm glad that she has taken this step.
                You did. And it makes sense.

I wonder if there’s more to it than sorting technique. We’ve been hearing about the new technique for ages and while last year was erratic she still managed a couple of 73s, a 72 and a 71 which suggest she can’t have been that far off. In that context it’s a mystery why she’s been so far below par this year.

Whatever the the reasons we all want to see her back next year throwing consistently far.

Comment

I’m starting to look forward to Sunday’s 200, it will be a true test of Dina’s mettle, she didn’t beat Miller-Uibo in 3 attempts last year, if she wants to stake a claim for Doha gold she has to start beating her. I think she’s got the beating of the rest of the field, but Thompson can’t be overlooked as Olympic champ. A victory for Dina would send out a message to Thompson. I’m still hazey on Miller-Uibo doing the double in Doha, Johnson said the IAAF were going to change the schedule but it hasn’t happened as of yet

Comment

Originally posted by gghurdler View Post
                    ... I’m still hazey on Miller-Uibo doing the double in Doha, Johnson said the IAAF were going to change the schedule but it hasn’t happened as of yet
                    If it hasn't happened yet it's not going to happen. These schedule changes have to happen many months in advance so as not to inconvenience athletes in other events who'll have their competition dates changed as a result (and who may have doubling plans of their own that could be jeopardised by a schedule change.)

Comment

Dai Greene clocks 50.05 in Sweden today. Good for him.

Comment

Welp, that's pretty much Amy Hunt's very successful season done and dusted then... She's pulled out of the Birmingham Diamond League meeting on Sunday "due to a small injury" and with that I also expect her to not be at the UK trials the following week either.

On the international scene, Christian Coleman has also pulled out of the 100m in Birmingham.

Comment

PB for Youcef Zatat - 44.50. Sorry....18.50😀

Comment

Originally posted by Ursus View Post
                            PB for Youcef Zatat - 44.50. Sorry....18.50😀
                            Holy L O L!

Comment

Working...
                            X