No announcement yet.

Zurich Diamond League 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the coverage may move channel tonight, given the breaking news.

Comment

Watching both TJs on YouTube. 5 out of 6 in the women's event, including Rojas, have NMs !

Rojas now 15.28
      Last edited by felix51; 08-09-22, 17:18.

Comment

Superb from Paulino. Great conditions, wonder what MHS can do...?

Comment

• oxfan
          oxfan commented
          Editing a comment
          MHS shows as DnS on start list

• MysteryBrick
          MysteryBrick commented
          Editing a comment
          Gah, I cursed him...

• Occasional Hope
          Occasional Hope commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope MHS isn't injured again.

I feel I could have felt sad about the Queen while still watching the DL final.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
        I feel I could have felt sad about the Queen while still watching the DL final.
        The live stream is on the World Athletics site.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
          Editing a comment
          I think you would need a VPN for that version in the UK.

• Chafford1
          Chafford1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The 'Live on YT' site on You Tube works OK. SAFP 10.65 to win the 100m.

Can't get onto any of the feeds. Blocked in UK but just seen the live results and saw that KH was 5th in the 800m won by Mary Moraa from Natoya Goule and Sage Hurta. Was she blocked, tired or just out run?

Comment

• Occasional Hope
          Editing a comment
          Tired I think. It's very frustrating trying to see anything. Next time a royal dies in the middle of a DL I shall just give up.

• Chafford1
          Chafford1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Go into You Tube Type in Diamond League Zurich 2022 select 'live' and then scroll down to a site that is not blocked. The sites get blocked periodically so you have to move between sites. Once in a site, you can go back to watch the previous races. Hodginson and Wightman looked very tired.

• Chafford1
          Chafford1 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Spotts 4K site is not blocked.

21.80 for Jackson in the women's 200m into a 0.9 m/s headwind. Won it by a street.
        Last edited by Chafford1; 08-09-22, 20:57.

Comment

Lyles 19.52 into a 0.6 m/s headwind in the men's 200m. Feels a bit surreal watching in light of this evening's events.

Comment

A few fairly tired Brits out there, after a very long season. (Tired and perhaps some of them feeling a bit strange as many of us are after the Queen's passing.)
            Certainly my scenario for a close w1500 was way off the mark, LOL.

Impressive again from Mahuchikh. And Chopra. And Kovacs and SAFP of course. Amongst others who did manage to keep their standard high for the DL final.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
              Editing a comment
              The extra efforts put in by those who tried for three lots of medals finally coming home to roost, I think.

Pretty good work from Lyles and Amusan tonight too

Undoubtedly the case. The usual genius on t and f forum saying that KH had no excuse cos of what Moraa and Amusan did at Zurich. Must have forgotten the Euros!

Comment

• MysteryBrick
              MysteryBrick commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, you called it right Marilyn - Zurich absolutely the straw that broke the camel's back for all of our triple-medalists apart from possibly Wightman

Felt strange watching this early this morning (Aus time) especially as it seemed a lot of you were unable to watch live. Seeing the announcement I had been expecting for some hours rather took much of the significance of the sport away for me.
            Bit of a mixed bag anyway : some seriously impressive results and a few where the favourites won without needing to exactly scale the heights. Disappointing overall for the GB athletes : clearly a race too far for both Muir and Hodgkinson who were both well adrift in races they would have certainly won or placed a few weeks ago ; and if Wightman actually did rather well in a fast race , I fancy he'd have given the winner a real fight had he been a mite fresher. No matter : has been a solid season to say the least and those three at least have little to regret - a nice break beckons and not before time.

As a watcher , can't complain. Has been an interesting and often exciting couple of months : time to reflect at leisure now.

Comment

Can't help thinking that after the fevered nature of track and field this year, next year may seem a bit pedestrian.
              Certainly a few things to look forward to in the mens 400m, if injury free winters are the order of the day.
              The Entry standards will be enormously tough for our men, slightly less so on the track for GB women. So possible relief after the increase in field event rankings to 36.A bit ironic that Okoye's qual entrance standard
              performance happened after 1st August.

Comment

Originally posted by marilyn1 View Post
                Can't help thinking that after the fevered nature of track and field this year, next year may seem a bit pedestrian.
                Certainly a few things to look forward to in the mens 400m, if injury free winters are the order of the day.
                The Entry standards will be enormously tough for our men, slightly less so on the track for GB women. So possible relief after the increase in field event rankings to 36.A bit ironic that Okoye's qual entrance standard
                performance happened after 1st August.
                But, good things about next year ...

Athletes and fans alike will appreciate only having the one major championships. Having 3 was great but it was really, really exhausting (and that was just watching!)

The World Champs are back to a sensible spot in the calendar, late August. And we'll get proper night sessions under the lights too! Eugene was a bit strange without that.

Due to the early World Champs and CG & ECh soon after, this year's "circuit" part of the season felt a bit fractured (and weirdly, less full although it probably wasn't). Next year will have a better rhythm to it again.

Comment

Is is just me or has the men's 100m scene at world level been super quiet in the post-Champs section of the season?

Comment

• Chafford1
                    Chafford1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sub-standard compared to the 200m which has been much more exciting. No standout performer like Lyles.

The full 3 hour day 2 coverage is now available on iPlayer.

Comment

Working...
                  X