X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zurich Diamond League 2022

Some entry lists:

https://zurich.diamondleague.com/en/...esults-zurich/

Outside chance of a diamond for MHS? ....If there is any water left in the well this year!

Comment

• MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      I imagine he's been targeting this post-Euros. I would make him second favourite behind James.

No Dasher? (...Dobbin though!)

Comment

• Occasional Hope
      Occasional Hope commented
      Editing a comment
      Dina has finished her season, hasn't she?

• Chafford1
      Chafford1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like it. ETH also absent from the sprints. DN will struggle in the 100m against this field as will Dobbin in the 200m.

• SprintRelayFan
      SprintRelayFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Surprised Beth is doing it tbh, she looked fairly done in Munich

Jake Wightman doing 800 rather than 1500, as expected (he qualified for both).

Comment

Some problems for the organisers in sticking with the general rules of 8 for sprints and 6 for field. Some people there who did not appear in the qualified athletes lists. 9 athletes as it suits a few times, especially Richardson is in the womens 100m.Possibly cos of DAS withdrawing. A Swiss guy in the short hurdles who I know did not qualify. Sad to see Bird has decided she has done enough this year.
      A couple? of field events with 7 not 6 athletes .Sieradski the Pole looks as a pace maker in the 800. I am sure he was not a qualified athlete.
      All told I expect 3 or 4 max outstanding track performances after a long hard year for many athletes. Where will Prescod finish I wonder.
      Some of the entrants are out of form, notably De Grasse after injury and the leading 200m American, Gabby Thomas, who has been injured for some considerable time.Probably notable competition in the middle distances, men and women.
      How will Mageean cope with Kipyegon.
      Will Moraa run a CG type race in the 800m.
      Can Jake do it again.Will Krop go hell for leather in the 5K.
      I am hoping Broadbell wins the short hurdles.

Comment

Wow the womens 1500m looks like one to watch. With 8 runners that have gone under 3.59 this season. I hope they aim for the world record.

Comment

Possibly only Kipyegon can time-trial to a WR. Anyone else is going to require a bit of magic.
          So here's a scenario: FK leads through the bell, but Tsegay has somehow managed to stay attached, with Mageean, Hailu and Muir a little further back. Mageean attacks hard from 300m out and bridges the group to Tsegay at 200m. Mageean and Hailu can then only hold station to the end, while Muir jumps Tsegay round the bend and sets off after FK........
          ....then shades of Aouita v Cram in 1985.
          (c) Romantic Warrior 2022.

-Its just a daydream of course. Laura has too much running in her legs. This is actually the scenario for a certain race in 2024.

Comment

Paul

I reckon you must be a journalistšŸ˜

Comment

Amongst Brits not mentioned, AE Markovc in the 5000, Ugen in the long jump, Heyward and Kerr in the 1500, Keely in the 800
              AHW gets a run out in the 400 pre-programme race alongside Van Nierkerk

Comment

Ugen has had a difficult later year, typically happens after a fine indoors.
                Very pleased to see Heyward in the race.Think we may have seen the best from AHW for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MR_ME View Post
                  Wow the womens 1500m looks like one to watch. With 8 runners that have gone under 3.59 this season. I hope they aim for the world record.
                  I reckon Kip will b somewhat fresher than most of her opponents.. I think if LM gets a first 3 or 4 she will have performed admirably after the last draining few weeks.

Comment

It would be somehow in keeping with Reece Prescod's unpredictable career if he won the DL title and got a bye to Budapest.

The standard is really low for a DL final. He's got the 3rd fastest SB on paper behind Bromell and Blake.

Comment

Bloody hell Kovacs.

23.23 to go 2nd on all time lists and third furthest put of all time.

Something special had been brewing, but wow!

Comment

Kovacs has been overshadowed but my goodness he is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Sovietvest View Post
                          It would be somehow in keeping with Reece Prescod's unpredictable career if he won the DL title and got a bye to Budapest.

The standard is really low for a DL final. He's got the 3rd fastest SB on paper behind Bromell and Blake.
                          9.93. An outlier perhaps. Worth looking at his seasons performances

Comment

• Sovietvest
                            Sovietvest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Based upon season's performances he's obviously more likely to run 10.2 than 9.9 but that's the thing about Prescod - he's a prodigious talent who normally underperforms but, every once in a while .. .. .. .. .
                        Working...
                        X