No announcement yet.

UK Outdoors Results September 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think Dobson may try and erase John Regis's 200 m Record on his way to a full switch to 400m. Given he was out for 2 months during the season he's done very well. Think that's his season done I think.

Comment

I can see Dobson continuing a similar focus for this winter and focussing on 200s with the occasional 400 plus relay legs. I think to make the 400 his main event would necessitate a change in training as I don't think he has ever run more than one in close proximity, even a very low-key heat. Given a relatively healthy 2023, I think he then has a choice to make this time next year. I think if he runs well under 45 in the 400 whilst not breaking 20 in the 200 he should seriously consider stepping up.

Comment

Ian Hodge tweeted that Daryll Neita, 'closes out a terrific season, of Euro and Commonwealth 100m medals with a PB in her final race. Third today in bellinzona's 200m in 22.61 (1.1) , good for tenth on the GB all time list'

Comment

Maybe Neita will run 200m seriously next year. Has she come to the view expressed here that she has not the start speed she knows is probably needed. Fun finding out next year.

Comment

Good 6 minute interview with Laura Muir, just after the 5th Avenue Mile, in which she talks a bit about her season and looks ahead to what she might do in 2023 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SLDFG46YJw

Comment

Sounds possible she will have a good crack at the 5000m next season. That would be a smart move IMO.

And looks likely this will include the Euro Indoors where I’m sure she could win whichever event she contested.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                Given she is double defending 1500m/3000m champion, inclined to agree!
            Working...
            X