No announcement yet.

Brussels Diamond League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had Ciara Mcgeehan broken 4 mins before tonight? A fantastic performance.

Comment

• oxfan
      oxfan commented
      Editing a comment
      No - over a second inside O'Sullivan Irish record as well

Some tired athletes but also some stunning performances.

68.11 WL for Winger. Not often an elite athlete smashes a 12 year old PB.

Very nice from Wightman.

And 2.05 from Mahuchikh in the HJ.

Comment

• trickstat
      trickstat commented
      Editing a comment
      From posts I've seen on the Track & Field News site, I'm pretty sure that Winger is retiring at the end of this season so that would be some way to bow out.

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    Brilliant by Ciara Mageean earlier too.
    Thrilled me as much as any of tonights great performances. She said she was coming on and proved it; thatst said LM is rightly knackered after her efforts of the last 6 weeks and would very likely have gone sub 3.55 if she was fresh.
    Some wonderful performances in front of an enthusiastic crowd and the last few meets in UK, Munich,Birmingham and tonight have rekindled ones delight to see support outstripping that measly support in Eugene.

Comment

Originally posted by fchd View Post
      Fantastic Mens 5000m - World Lead,. N American area record, 3 other national records, 9 out of the first 10 running a PB!
      Grijalva continues to impress. Great performances.

Comment

Wightman again showing just how classy he is. Beating the best in World over 800m. No doubt he is one of the most complete Middle distance runners going at the moment.

Comment

I note with some dismay that the BBC having shown all the DL meets this year on main channels,2 and 3, have decided to demote the final to the backwater of Red Button coverage with highlights elsewhere at other times. How frigging BBC.🤨🤨

Comment

• Chafford1
            Chafford1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Day One - BBC2 4.30pm - 6.30pm
            Day Two (the main day) - BBC2 6pm - 8pm BBC3 8pm - 9pm.

Supplemented by red button/ Iplayer etc.

Looks pretty good to me.

I was with my son in law watching brussels and he has a super duper all singing tv and for the likes of us we couldn't see beeb coverage stated on his forward programme thingy for next week, only references to Red button. Thks Chafford.

Comment

• Chafford1
            Chafford1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree it's a little difficult to identify what's on and when.

Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
          Wightman again showing just how classy he is. Beating the best in World over 800m. No doubt he is one of the most complete Middle distance runners going at the moment.
          Must feel so good when you hit the purple patch. And you know you can beat all the others on that occasion. Reminded me a bit of Crammy beating up Cruz at Zurich some while back.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
            MysteryBrick commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, it was a bit similar to Cram's Commonwealth Games win in 1986. Getting to 200m to go, taking the lead and knowing no-one can hang with you (although Cram's last 200m was even more impressive).
        Working...
        X