Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I must admit I've only seen the original footage so I can't really see what happened. As the picture was focussed on the final takeover, it looked like things were likely to be OK, but then it switched to the long shot and there were 2 British athletes a metre or 2 apart having stopped.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Not just a medal wasted, but they were going to smash their British record again too. That final exchange was just... I have no words at how bad that was

• Runner88
    replied
    The women through away the bronze medal there. Not sure what happened on that last exchange.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    I stayed up until 1am to see the relay team do *that*?

Someone else can post the final day preview and topic. I'm done.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Allison last in the javelin, which was expected, but only 63.02 is disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Drama in the men's relay, with SA DQ after thinking they had won, and Jamaica and USA messing up but getting medals.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Another baton disaster for the British.

WJR for Jamaica.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    And they outperformed the 4x1 guys just be completing the race

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    They seemed to rather front-load the team which I think wasn't a bad idea. I think there was probably slightly more chance of those guys in the team who were slower on paper managing to hang in there on the last 2 legs than our better runners being able to run down the leaders from behind. Nobody ran particularly badly or made any silly mistakes, it was just that the last 2 guys were outgunned on the last 2 legs by the Jamaicans, Spanish and the DQ'd Nigerians.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Oh dear, another rain stop.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    replied
    What a run from Reardon! Knew what he had to do and did it.

I think a medal is a bit unlikely for either as Kibet, Girma and Kewalski are all 1:44 men, but 2 men in the 800m final is fabulous and they definitely won't die wondering.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Weather probably less of a shock for the Brits than some of their opponents.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Sam Reardon with a PB of 1:46.80, in the teeming rain, finishes 2nd to advance to the 800m final.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    And Sam Reardon joins Ethan Hussey in the final.

It looks a bit wet out there.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Good race by Hussey.

Molly Palmer a bit disappointing in the LJ final, a best of 6.09 to finish 11th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X