Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    The repechage is World Athletics' idea. The Lord Coe will sue!

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Zeller declination 100% the right one after his long season, too much of a risk of burnout especially as he will be thinking of NCAA win plus big pro contract next year.

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Bit of a shame about Zeller as well really - I mean I do see why he might be knackered, but I also think he's in great form.

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    When the squad was initially announced just before Commonwealths it was stated that Josh had declined selection along with Josh Zeller and Tade Ojora.

• Sovietvest
    replied
    Presumably Josh Kerr declined selection. Probably expected to be holding two medals by now and was planning to go on holiday. Never one to 'over-race'! Big mistake if that's the case. Hope we see him racing on the circuit and aiming for the DL final (where he'd have a great chance against some very tired athletes). He looked amazing in his Eugene semi and I think he's every bit as good as Wightman and better than Hoare.

Haven't seen any interview with him post Commies - clearly not 100%.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Presumably they'll drop it in favour of their new repechage idea.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I think it can be really unfair to 400 & 400H runners that just miss out on being in the top 12 and, by extension, may also be fairly close to the top 8. I have come to terms with the prelim rounds in the 100m, but at least the athletes in that are only running 100m, and are probably less likely to be be contending for a semi-final spot than some of these athletes are of contending for a final spot.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    I've just found out they'll be using their stupid bye system for the sprints & hurdles again (incl 400 & 400H).

In each of those events, the top 12 ranked athletes (by SB) get a bye to the semis and are joined by 12 athletes qualifying from Round 1 (what they're calling the "Pre-qualification round").

It's grossly unfair I think, especially in the one lap events where 3 rounds can really take it out of you.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    The final entry lists have now been published - https://www.european-athletics.com/n...-championships

So, I won't be posting any more team announcements.

However, it does mean that we're ready to roll with the Prediction Contest. The thread for that will be posted by tomorrow at the latest.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Didn't Lake just clear 1.92m? I'll take that bet with you please 😀

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    It seemed that the issue she had in the WC was a minor twinge, rather than anything truly serious. She walked off the track normally immediately after it happened and wasn't in any obvious distress in the post-race interview she gave a few minutes later.

Her pulling out of the CWG was a precaution - a sensible one given the sheer weight of schedule - and I'll be not surprised to see her back up to speed when she lines up in Munich next Monday.

• marilyn1
    replied
    It would be great to see Neita getting a good start when it counts.The conditions look very warm.

Leave a comment:

• Chafford1
    replied
    DAS packing her bags for Munich according to her instagram account. But is she fully fit? We shall see!

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    I wonder what odds you would get for our women high jumpers not getting over 1.84

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    Of the women - Eilish would be wise to just do the 10km, but seems determined to do the double (and if the 10km comes first, why not). Jemma would be the other one I could see dropping out, but I suspect she thinks this is her best chance for a medal. Same for MCB - she’s got nothing to lose.

Men - the middle distance guys will all want the race, as they’ve all had to share the spoils. Distance - maybe Sam just goes with one event, but again, weaker fields on paper…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X