No announcement yet.

2022 European Championships (Munich) TEAM ANNOUNCEMENTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest of the Baltic teams ... Lithuania's 19 athletes, including Mrs Kilty - http://lengvoji.lt/europos-cempionat...tuvos-komanda/

Comment

Cyprus will be taking part in their fifth international championships of 2022 (also the Mediterranean Games & the Balkan Championships!) Only 7 of their athletes have any energy left to drag themselves to Munich:

Women
      100 & 200: Olivia Fotopoulo
      100 Hurdles: Natalia Christofi
      LJ: Filippa Fotopoulou
      Discus: Androniki Lada

Men
      110 Hurdles: Milan Trajkovic
      Discus: Apostolos Parellis
      Hammer: Alexandros Poursanidis
      Last edited by LuckySpikes; 08-08-22, 17:01.

Comment

Poland was the big one we were waiting for. They're taking 81 athletes ...

Click the link at the bottom of https://www.european-athletics.com/n...or-munich-2022 Then, on the resulting page, right-click and open the "Reprezentacja Polski na ..." link on the right-hand side - this silly forum software won't allow me to post the Polish federation link here.

Comment

I will be quite surprised if the GB team is the same when the Championships start next week. There must be some very tired middle and longer distance athletes

Comment

Of the women - Eilish would be wise to just do the 10km, but seems determined to do the double (and if the 10km comes first, why not). Jemma would be the other one I could see dropping out, but I suspect she thinks this is her best chance for a medal. Same for MCB - she’s got nothing to lose.

Men - the middle distance guys will all want the race, as they’ve all had to share the spoils. Distance - maybe Sam just goes with one event, but again, weaker fields on paper…

Comment

I wonder what odds you would get for our women high jumpers not getting over 1.84

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                MysteryBrick commented
                Editing a comment
                Didn't Lake just clear 1.92m? I'll take that bet with you please 😀

DAS packing her bags for Munich according to her instagram account. But is she fully fit? We shall see!

Comment

• RunUnlimited
                RunUnlimited commented
                Editing a comment
                It seemed that the issue she had in the WC was a minor twinge, rather than anything truly serious. She walked off the track normally immediately after it happened and wasn't in any obvious distress in the post-race interview she gave a few minutes later.

Her pulling out of the CWG was a precaution - a sensible one given the sheer weight of schedule - and I'll be not surprised to see her back up to speed when she lines up in Munich next Monday.

It would be great to see Neita getting a good start when it counts.The conditions look very warm.

Comment

The final entry lists have now been published - https://www.european-athletics.com/n...-championships

So, I won't be posting any more team announcements.

However, it does mean that we're ready to roll with the Prediction Contest. The thread for that will be posted by tomorrow at the latest.

Comment

I've just found out they'll be using their stupid bye system for the sprints & hurdles again (incl 400 & 400H).

In each of those events, the top 12 ranked athletes (by SB) get a bye to the semis and are joined by 12 athletes qualifying from Round 1 (what they're calling the "Pre-qualification round").

It's grossly unfair I think, especially in the one lap events where 3 rounds can really take it out of you.

Comment

• trickstat
                    trickstat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think it can be really unfair to 400 & 400H runners that just miss out on being in the top 12 and, by extension, may also be fairly close to the top 8. I have come to terms with the prelim rounds in the 100m, but at least the athletes in that are only running 100m, and are probably less likely to be be contending for a semi-final spot than some of these athletes are of contending for a final spot.

• Occasional Hope
                    Occasional Hope commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Presumably they'll drop it in favour of their new repechage idea.

• trickstat
                    trickstat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The repechage is World Athletics' idea. The Lord Coe will sue!

Presumably Josh Kerr declined selection. Probably expected to be holding two medals by now and was planning to go on holiday. Never one to 'over-race'! Big mistake if that's the case. Hope we see him racing on the circuit and aiming for the DL final (where he'd have a great chance against some very tired athletes). He looked amazing in his Eugene semi and I think he's every bit as good as Wightman and better than Hoare.

Haven't seen any interview with him post Commies - clearly not 100%.

Comment

• Ladyloz
                    Ladyloz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When the squad was initially announced just before Commonwealths it was stated that Josh had declined selection along with Josh Zeller and Tade Ojora.

• SprintRelayFan
                    SprintRelayFan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bit of a shame about Zeller as well really - I mean I do see why he might be knackered, but I also think he's in great form.

• MysteryBrick
                    MysteryBrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Zeller declination 100% the right one after his long season, too much of a risk of burnout especially as he will be thinking of NCAA win plus big pro contract next year.
                Working...
                X