UK Outdoors Results August 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loop-guru View Post
    More from Ian Hodge - This time Georgina Adam improves her 200M PB down again from 20.92 to 20.87
    Interesting to see her nation listed as Scotland on Pof10. Caught me off guard as she is from the midlands and has represented England before - Had a little chuckle when I realised the challenger to Yorkshire-Scot Dobbin's status as Scottish number 1 is coming from Lincolnshire-Scot Adam 🤣

Comment

• trickstat
      trickstat commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, she did run for England at the 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games. However, it is easier to switch between Home Nations than separate World Athletics members.

More from Ian Hodge - Jeriel Quainoo with the win in 20.58

Comment

Great to see athletes making the most of excellent sprint conditions

Comment

Some more results trickling onto PO10 - In the 400M at Stratford Year 9 Dan Putnam who had not been below 47 before this year has set a new PB of 46.3. Also setting a new PB was Kyle Langford who ran 47.1

Comment

• trickstat
          trickstat commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Putnam had been in the 47s for about a decade!

Seasons best for Yasmin Liverpool at Stratford on Sunday 53.17 & a new PB for Jessica Tappin of 53.7, a near full second improvement which in fairness is in line with her progress in the 400MH.

Comment

A stack of quality performances in the mens 200M again at Stratford on Sunday. PB for Luke Dorrell down from a previous PB of 21.08 to 20.72, did not compete at all in 2020 & 2021. Behind him there were also PBs galore with Ben Snaith 20.80, David Morgan-Harrison 20.91 and Marvin Addison 20.91

Comment

In the Womens 200M Finette Agyapong improved her seasons best from 23.42 to 23.18 and Yasmin Liverpool ran a PB in 23.46

Comment

• Sprintfan
              Sprintfan commented
              Editing a comment
              Dinette a 52 + 400m 2018/9(?) maybe more 400m competition next year??

Ben Snaith big PBs over 100m and 200m. He was a 46.2 400m runner back in 2017. Would be great to see him give the distance another go before the end of the season with his new found speed over the shorter distances.

Anything sub 46 puts you in the frame for the relay team and a GB vest…

Comment

Ian Hodge reporting Amy Hunt has run 23.45 (1.2) to open her outdoor season. I make that her best since 2019. Finished behind a big PB 23.10 for Yasmin Liverpool…made huge strides with her 200m this year Stew-Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                Ian Hodge reporting Amy Hunt has run 23.45 (1.2) to open her outdoor season. I make that her best since 2019. Finished behind a big PB 23.10 for Yasmin Liverpool…made huge strides with her 200m this year Stew-Coach!
                Oh, it's so good to see Hunt back in action, after her very promising start to the indoor season was cut short by injury. After all the troubles she's went through since her breakthrough season in 2019, I hope that her re-emergence will be signs of good things for her in the future.

As for Yasmin Liverpool, that is a great 200m PB! What will that mean for her 400m going forward?

Comment

Thanks jjimbojames yeah, been a struggle since injury last year through winter tbh. A 3rd 200 in a row completed after a previous 400 too so perhaps capable of a sub 23 in right conditions, fingers crossed we got a solid winter ahead and go for that 50.x and who knows maybe sub 50 is on the cards next year (wouldn’t rule out a go at 200 either )

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                    MysteryBrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My rule of thumb is always that for women you want to add 4 seconds to the 2*200m SB to give a good 400m estimate, and 23.10 puts her right in that ballpark around 50-low. Great job!

Ian Hodge reports a new PB for Ethan Hussey at Trafford in 1.46.61

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                    MysteryBrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ethan Hussey is a seriously classy operator. Next cab off the rank in the middle distances, adding to a crowded field with new youngsters like Pattison and Stonier.

Also Mentioned by Ian Hodge a few days back Alisha Rees went sub 23 for 200M in a mixed race in Kettering 22.98 She seems to be making steady progress 11.3 for a new 100 PB also this year. Could she be another one to throw her hat in the ring for the 4x100.

Comment

Shot pb of 18.73 for Youcef Zatat at the weekend.

Comment

Katie Snowdon with a great win in Poland breaking 2 mins for the first time. I clocked her at 1.59.72. She was ranked fifth based on PB going into the race.

Comment

Working...
                      X