No announcement yet.

Jake Wightman - World 1500m Champion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing run. Makes me tear up every time I think of it, and yes always been a big fan of his

Comment

Watching back the replay, the way he timed his move with 200 to go was reminiscent of those Diamond League wins against Manangoi a few years ago, the victory last night was years in the making, it was pretty much a masterclass in 1500m running. His positioning throughout the race was superb, Ingebritsen is one the best athletes in the world and couldn’t live with Jakes last 100

Kerr will be disappointed, he needs to do what Wightman does and get out there and race, 1500s of course but the more 800s the better. Great night, would love to see us get medals across all the middle distance events

Comment

• MR_ME
        MR_ME commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Kerr may have had problems this year and that is the real reason for the lack of racing. In his post race interview he hinted that he wasn't fit enough.

What a run. I must've underestimated him a bit, as while I thought he had a good shout at a medal, gold didn't really occur to me as a possibility until he was leading everyone down the home straight! Just a perfectly judged race, I'm so pleased for him.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't convinced he would actually win until about 5 metres from the line, but what a beautifully judged race it was.

That superb performance was hinted at in the Rabat diamond league win he had earlier in the season. Amazing to see him follow that through and execute such a tactically perfect race.

Josh Kerr will be disappointed but still an amazing run. He will be a force to be reckoned with in championship finals for a good few years ahead.

Katir was the big surprise for me. Didn’t see hints of a sub 3.30 before these champs. He got it horribly wrong at the Olympics and didn’t look all that special during the heats and semis.

Comment

Great win by Jake with his Mum and Dad watching and or commentating. Great for them to see him win.

We finally have our generation's next versions of Ovett, Coe and Cram in Wightman, Kerr and Gourley (Should I discount Burgin?!)

Comment

• Occasional Hope
          Occasional Hope commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think Gourley is in the same class. Burgin, let's wait and see.
      Working...
      X