• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marilyn1 View Post

Do hope they do the business.!!
    I hope DAS and DN do the business!

Comment

India's team of 37 - https://indianathletics.in/neeraj-ch...nwealth-games/

Comment

England has been allowed one more athlete after someone from another sport dropped out. Abigail Irozuru got the nod: Irozuru selected for Team England - Athletics & Running (englandathletics.org)

Comment

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        Or to someone in a different event.

• Jamtoast
        Jamtoast commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed O.H. I worry about the coaching link between Irozuru and the England CG Team Leader with this one

• PotterHoppo96
        PotterHoppo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        It should have gone to an in form athlete in another event.

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
      England has been allowed one more athlete after someone from another sport dropped out. Abigail Irozuru got the nod: Irozuru selected for Team England - Athletics & Running (englandathletics.org)
      Frankly it feels like Team England is being selected by spreadsheet PBs rather than form.

Comment

Namibia's team includes Mboma but not Masilingi (who is doing World Under 20s instead): Confidente | Facebook

Comment

Leon Reid won't be allowed to compete: Leon Reid: NI sprinter barred from Commonwealth Games after security risk assessment - BBC Sport

Comment

Holly Bradshaw tweeted saying she injured her hamstring in that accident at the WCs. She still hopes to be in Birmingham, but I'm not so sure.

Comment

It seems highly unlikely that either Holly Bradshaw or Max Burgin will be able to take up their places, so I hope some of the reserves are getting a call up.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                It seems highly unlikely that either Holly Bradshaw or Max Burgin will be able to take up their places, so I hope some of the reserves are getting a call up.
                Indeed. Real shame for both, but also brutal for England's prospects - I struggled to see many golds and it now looks like two of the brighter prospects are out. Suspect Langford will get the nod if Burgin is out.

Comment

• PotterHoppo96
                  PotterHoppo96 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Jamie Webb is 800 reserve i think,.and it'll be someone in a different event replacing Bradshaw. Maybe Charlotte Payne in the hammer. Assuming both those mentioned above were injured.

• trickstat
                  trickstat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did look up recovery from DVT and I wouldn't be surprised if a doctor advised him not to race for several weeks.

• Occasional Hope
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not just the racing though - he likely can't fly home in time.

Should we be ruling Holly out yet ? Surely depends how badly she was injured - and since she was saying "still hopeful" a few days ago I would think she is is still a possible starter.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                  Editing a comment
                  She may think that. I am less convinced.

I will be slightly annoyed if she insists she is fine right up until she DNS and it's too late for someone else to get an opportunity.

Obviously will be determined by the seriousness of any injury but I imagine they'll give the athletes as much leeway as they can. With the fact that we know they already have certain people lined up as potential reserves and given that it is a home games you would hope that a later than normal replacement could be organised.

Comment

Burgin out of the Commonwealth Games.

Comment

• MR_ME
                    MR_ME commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not a surprise and a sensible decision. DVT is just bad luck. Hopefully he can make the Euros. I'd settle for him staying healthy, running some races at the end of the season and getting ready for next year.

• Occasional Hope
                    Editing a comment
                    Not a surprise, although obviously disappointing for him, and yet another champs he won’t be getting the experience from,

• trickstat
                    trickstat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I did Google "recovery from DVT" and, while nothing there referred directly to competing in sport or strenuous exercise, it did seem likely to me that a doctor would advise against competing for a few weeks at least.

Disappointing but totally expected from Max. Have to agree with Mr_Me, perhaps it'll be wise to write off Euros now and focus on a few DLs later in the season, the nuckle dowm for 2023 - A big one ahead. When do we get the replacement announcement?

Jamie Webb hasn't come close to winning a race this summer so I'd look elsewhere, even if it means Pattison being our lone 800 representative.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                    MysteryBrick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd give Rowden a go if he wants it. Or chuck Dobson in the 400m...

Here's the essential parts of Commonwealth Games schedule - all sports, not just this one - reduced to a single spreadsheet.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjzJ2yTJoVvZg7NO...PS8aw?e=k2H9ml

If you haven't already found it, here's the Entries list.

Birmingham 2022 Results - Entries

Comment

That entries website is impossible to get the entries , for me. I have a sense of utter anti climax, sadly, especially in track and field .. I will believe the entries when they are there in front of me on the screen. The swimming will be of considerable interest to me but its Australia, Canada,home nations , a few NZ and South African and not much else.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
                      MysteryBrick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ...isn't that the Commonwealth you've just described?

(I get your point that the African/Caribbean nations aren't big exponents in the pool, it just amused me somewhat).
                  Working...
                  X