Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Fairly comprehensive coverage. Although I note on Friday & Saturday they are starting just before the first track action of the day; therefore missing some of the Multi Events and Field Event action.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Rain you say? In Manchester? Whatever next?

• marilyn1
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    If only the British Championships could be held *now*, rather than next weekend. Temps in Manchester right now are around 25C... the forecast for next Friday through to Sunday? 16C, 17C and 16C, with the chance of rain on Sunday. Ooof.
    This is truly the worst weather for DLs I can remember. Tomorrow in Paris the first good conditions, ruddy hot, but the fieldsxare affected by the proximity to National Champs and the Americans have their Trials midweek.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by MR_ME View Post
    It said at the end of the Diamond league last night that it would be on Iplayer. That usually means the red button too.
    Yep, it's on the Red Button too - https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p069dk6p/2022/06/24

Leave a comment:

• MR_ME
    replied
    It said at the end of the Diamond league last night that it would be on Iplayer. That usually means the red button too.

Leave a comment:

• keneastlancs
    replied
    Where on tv can we watch the championships I cant see it in the BBC listings

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    If only the British Championships could be held *now*, rather than next weekend. Temps in Manchester right now are around 25C... the forecast for next Friday through to Sunday? 16C, 17C and 16C, with the chance of rain on Sunday. Ooof.

Leave a comment:

• Spectator
    replied
    Is Adelle Tracey injured?
    I don't see her name on the entry list for the 800m or 1500m.

Leave a comment:

• Sprintfan
    replied
    Women's flat 400 also very competitive..... and let's hope the sun shines but the wind is still. Looking at the Sprints in 2019, the ladies Sprints had strong headwinds. Give them all a break Mr Wind!!

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    commented on 's reply
    Mens discus should be good, Okoye is slightly ahead on SB and will go in as clear favourite, Percy is one of our most improved athletes this year and has started to throw distances that can sneak into global finals. He may not do it this year but there’s enough potential there for it to be a possibility at some stage in the next few years

• carterhatch
    replied
    I was thinking about what am I looking forward to most at these champs and for what's it worth, to prompt some build-up discussion [one each from Mens/Womens, Track/Field]...

Of the Women's Field events, in the recent past its been Long Jump, but I am looking forward to the hammer this year, it might not be world class standard, but its going to be very competitive, hopefully a few PBs. Women's track, I have to say 400 hurdles, again it might not produce world class times, but hoping for a strong showing from 3/4 ladies.

Men's track, the depth of the 800 is outstanding [see chat on 'state of play' thread] but, honestly, and a sad indictment, I can't think of one men's field event, where there's more than a single person who might make world class marks, at a push hammer might provide good competition... I hope I 'm proved wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MR_ME
    replied
    Take the entry lists with a pinch of salt. On the old website they used to list everyone who had qualified for the event, whether they were planning to turn up or not. Then a few days before the champs they would revise the entry lists for whoever is actually going.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    Originally posted by Chafford1 View Post

DAS has qualified for 200m at WCs as defending champion and KH for 800 as Diamond League champion so entries for these two make sense.
    Quick times.? very surprised if we see any. Usual nervous cagey and negative stuff we get at the trials.This is after all the year with a home CG and Europeansin in later August.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe Katy Ann has run out of steam, she was disappointing in the NCAA final.

• Grassmarket
    commented on 's reply
    What on earth would KJT be doing in a likely sub-2:00 800m, really?
Working...
X