Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Men's jumps are all in pretty dire straits. Most interested in seeing if any of the younger (u20 and u23) PVers can progress a bit.

Women's jumps are more interesting, with a genuine competition in the HJ. Lorraine Ugen a clear favourite in the LJ but I'd like to see the others battling it out for 2nd and maybe at least one more woman get the standard. A fairly routine day for Bradshaw too. Can Naomi Metzger finally jump the WC standard? Even the Euro standard would involve a PB, but I believe she can do it.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    110h: new star Josh Zeller has to be the one to watch. Pozzi has the standard but is not at his best. Dave King hasn't quite replicated his indoor form. 400hL it's Chalmers' to lose, but interesting to se if some of the younger athletes can improve SBs or PBs.

100h: no one is likely to challenge Cindy but the battle for 2nd could be close. Women's 400h is more competitive.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    McColgan obviously the clear favourite for the w5000. The mens' could be more open, with Marc Scott not quite in his indoor form.

Bird and Pratt a likely 1-2 in the women's steeplechase, but can Elise Thorner take a couple of seconds off her pb to join them in Eugene? Can one our men get the standard? Seddon is currently in the very last rankings place, which I don't think will be good enough.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    800 is my favourite event generally, and both should be good races. We've discussed elsewhere that Max should make it an honest race with an opportunity for athletes on the verge of getting the standard to do so.

Both 1500s are likely to be nervy tactical affairs though, and not impossible that the selectors will have a tricky decision.

Elliott Giles is entered in both, but is not in the best shape after his injury indoors.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Men's 200: without Dobson no one has the standard if Gemili's recent time isn't registered, but NMB has a quota spot atm. Interesting to see if Reece can do something here, and how Adam does on home soil.

Men's 400: we'll see if MHS is fit after recent FS, and see if AHW or one of the other younger runners can make a step forward.

Women's 400: could be quite competitive, several women with the standard and without Jodie no obvious winner. Plus Keely giving it a go, although I think it's shame she's not doing the 800.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Men's 100: Reece should win; Zharnel I think the only one who can challenge him but he may or may not make it to the final without a FS. 3rd is anybody's guess, maybe Azu? It would be nice if he could get the qualifying time as well.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    So she is, I must have missed her.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Occasional Hope Ahh, I thought that would be the case with Eduan, though she is entered for the 100m also.

And yeah, the selection for the CWG has already been made, but won't be made public until the 21st June. I fully expect the 100m team to be DAS, Neita and Lansiquot

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Joy and Alyson are doing the 100, but Success only the 200.

I think they've already picked the Commonwealth teams, although England hasn't been publicly announced pending appeals.

• Chafford1
    replied
    I wonder if DN dares to dream she can beat DAS. Would be quite an upset.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    So with the British Championships less than a week away now, I wonder which event folks here are most looking forward to seeing?

Personally, the women's 100m is looking like it'll be a great race and, depending on the weather conditions up in Manchester on Saturday evening (BBC Weather service says that between 6 - 7pm - the women's 100m final is at 6:50pm - it'll be 17/18C, with a 9mph SW wind, and a 30% chance of a shower), this could be the first time that two British women go sub 11 seconds in the same race.

After a sluggish start to her season, DAS has gradually improved in each race and has been rounding into form ahead of a super busy championship schedule, while Neita's 10.99 yesterday in Paris is indicative of how well she's doing currently. It is a shame we can't transfer the 30C+ temps from last night's Diamond League, but with forecasts suggesting the wind will be at least helpful in Manchester, at the least I expect a winning time under 11.1.

It's not only about Asher Smith or Neita in that race either. Imani Lansiquot ran an EC qualifying 11.23 nine days ago, while also having a pair of heavily wind aided 11.00 runs in April. There's also the ever-present Asha Philip, who started the season slowly but her most recent performances - 11.05w and 11.16w over in Florida on June 4th - suggest that she is rounding into good form at the right time. Kristal Awuah also appears to be getting into better shape, after her most recent outing in Geneva last week produced a 11.27w in the final.
    All of them will be fighting out for that third spot on the podium, and a likely selection for either the Commonwealth's or the EC if they also achieve the required times (CWG = 11.32, EC = 11.24)

It will also be interesting to see what some of the younger competitors entered, like Joy Eze, Success Eduan and Allison Bell, do against their more experienced competitors.

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    KJT obviously decided to leave her coach after he entered her into the 800m for these champs. 😂

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Well, I hope its NOT an error, because it's not been changed and that could be a bit awkward...

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    The problem with Red Button coverage is it is probably only watched by those of us who know it is there. I suspect the person who plonks themselves in front of the TV and finds nothing that takes their fancy on their usual channels is much more likely to turn to a streaming or catch-up service rather than hitting the red button to see if anything is available there.

• Runner88
    commented on 's reply
    The exact statement can be applied to every other country too. Many athletes especially from Europe have only just started their season in the past week or so.
Working...
X