UK Outdoors June 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charles Hicks 6th in the 10000 final.

Over in Samorin, a SB 6.47 for u23 Lucy Hadaway. 6.36 for Irozuru.

Comment

PB for Lina Nielsen in Rome.

Comment

Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
        PB for Lina Nielsen in Rome.
        3 hundredths knocked off, however it does back up her over a second pb a few weeks ago, proves it wasnt a fluke

Comment

• jjimbojames
          jjimbojames commented
          Editing a comment
          Her final 80m is immense - she’s really worked hard on her strength, and it shows. If she can attack the first half a bit more, she’ll be up there with Jessie

Neither Muir nor Reekie look at their best atm.

Comment

• drobbie
          drobbie commented
          Editing a comment
          reekie looked great in her last race

• Occasional Hope
          Occasional Hope commented
          Editing a comment
          True. Just today then

• drobbie
          drobbie commented
          Editing a comment
          muir looked slightly better today, shes got a month to sort it out

DAS was really neck and neck with ETH there.

Comment

• drobbie
          drobbie commented
          Editing a comment
          yep that was a good run from dina

Bradshaw 2nd in PV - much better

Comment

One of the difficulties of predicting how performances will develop during the season is that all judgements in the run up to globals are made based on one off races, and the field events don't have qualification rounds either.
          Many fine athletes struggle with putting in fine efforts with 3 rounds.This years predictions will be very tricky, maybe.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
            Editing a comment
            True, and field qualifications are often early mornings when some athletes struggle wo you wouldn't expect to.

That's part of the joy of championships, the unexpected.

I'm not writing Keely off for the Gold medal next month. Here's the first 400 then 3rd & 4th 200 splits of their most recent races ...

Keely in Eugene (1:57.72) ... 58.8 - 30.2 - 28.7

Athing Mu in Rome (1:57.01) ... 56.7 - 31.0 - 29.3

Interesting, eh? I bet a lot of people would have said Mu closed the last 200 super-fast tonight but ...
          Last edited by LuckySpikes; 09-06-22, 23:11.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
            Editing a comment
            Mu is the favourite, clearly, but Keely will give her a fight.

Same with McLaughlin (still a cut above) and Bol.

• CAML
            CAML commented
            Editing a comment
            Eugene won't be the procession that Tokyo was. KH will be right there with Mu at 600m, and then who knows.

Anna Purchase stands as the best of the Brits half way through the NCAA hammer competition with 69.34 and is currently in 6th place. Tara SS and Amy Phillips are 14th and 15th with 65.86 and 65.53 respectively.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
            Editing a comment
            No improvement for Anna ans she slips to 7th.

• Occasional Hope
            Editing a comment
            Everyone ahead of her got a pb, pity Anna couldn't, but there again she only managed two valid throws out of 6. (Canada's Camryn Rogers won with a hugely impressive 77.67)

Elise Thorner and Ellie Leather are through to the NCAA Steeple & 1500 finals respectively, Leather as a fastest loser.

Chasing BYU's Courtney Wayment (9:23 PB) in the final would be the perfect opportunity for Thorner to get the Worlds standard.

OK, I'm off to bed now! Hope to be able to catch the rest of the action via https://www.youtube.com/user/brunt2000/videos which posted most of the races from Day 1 (I've also linked this in the Live Streaming Links document).

Comment

Dina’s second 100 was much better, she’ll be at her best in Eugene IMO. Very impressed by Britany Anderson in the womens hurdles, she was very close to JCQ for most of that race before hitting the final hurdle. 12.37 was pretty quick for a cool evening

Comment

• MysteryBrick
              MysteryBrick commented
              Editing a comment
              100% agreed. If I was any of her competitors, that run would have worried me a little. E.g. in 2018, 6 weeks before running 21.89 at Euros she ran 22.25. Yesterday she ran 22.27. Given her history of peaking well, we should expect (with no injuries!) a 21.8 or 21.9 equivalent in Eugene, and the big question would be what that would get her. No-one has ever run 21.9 in a major final and not won a medal.

Josh Zeller runs 13.26 to take 3rd in the NCAA 110m hurdles

Comment

DAS. I do not think she has finished setting PB's in either 100 or 200. Best to keep that in mind....

Comment

Chris McAlister Seasons best 49.36 Jacob Paul - 49.62, Seamus Derbyshire - 49.62

Comment

None of the Brits in the W 400 as fast as Alice Mangione (ITA) who ran a 51.47 PB from the "slow" section. One more W 400 later today including Pipi, Clark, Klaver, Healy etc.

"Live" Results not updating for me but I spied that on the trackside clock.

EDIT : 51.70 for Laviai Nielsen.
                Last edited by LuckySpikes; 11-06-22, 13:41.

Comment

• LuckySpikes
                  LuckySpikes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The comms are having the same problem - with no startlists updating online either (only entry lists) there's lots of "Lane 3 is closing hard on Lane 5 ... but now Lane 2 is finishing really fast".

• Occasional Hope
                  Editing a comment
                  *Exactly* on the Euro qualifying time. Hopefully more to come. (Has she been injured? She definitely stated her season quite late.)

• jjimbojames
                  jjimbojames commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Didn’t she go to Florida to be with RR, only to come back and have to find a third coach? Will have delayed her winter
              Working...
              X