X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
    She passed to 1.73 and has just cleared it

https://conersyslive.com/Results/Sch...=20220603_1609
    Ahh, so the results page has finally updated. Thanks for the link Jimbo.

Comment

I quite like the camera angles.
      https://canariasd.es/canal-2/
      (Take note, BBC.)

[p.s. Apologies if it has been mentioned but Nicole Yeargin looked good almost winning the Bydgoszcz 400 yesterday.]

Comment

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Emerson's opening height is 1.73m... And she's clear over it on the first attempt! Hmm, can we say that she is properly back now?
        BTW, it's not all about Emerson of course. Ellen Barber is also competing in Arona, and now that the results page has finally got up and running, I can give her results too. In the 100m hurdles, Barber ran 14.40 (+0.1m/s) for 4th place in the 2nd heat, while currently in the high jump, Barber is on her 3rd and final attempt to clear 1.73m, having gotten over 1.70m on the 3rd attempt.

Comment

• RunUnlimited
          RunUnlimited commented
          Editing a comment
          And Emerson has now cleared 1.76m on her first attempt... and she looked very smooth while doing so, I might add (in my best Colin Jackson-ese.)

Meanwhile, Barber failed her last attempt at 1.73m so ends up with a best of 1.70m.

Emerson is clear over 1.79m first time! It's quite a return to the high jump this is from her.

Comment

• felix51
          felix51 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not so silky this time, but she's clear :-)

• RunUnlimited
          RunUnlimited commented
          Editing a comment
          But she then sailed over 1.82m with no problem at all! Well clear!

Finally, a failure for Emerson at 1.85m, but she has two more attempts left.

BTW, its a great 3 way battle in the high jump between Niamh, Chari Hawkins and Claudia Conte.

And Emerson clears 1.85m at the second attempt! What a return to full heptathlon action this is from her!
        Last edited by RunUnlimited; 04-06-22, 13:45.

Comment

No dice at 1.88m for Niamh Emerson, and she bows out, but she shots up the table after that fantastic performance.

Comment

So following that excellent high jump, Niamh Emerson rises up to 2nd place in the overall heptathlon standings after two events, with 1987 points, behind Chari Hawkins who bounds into the lead with 2121 points, and just ahead of Claudia Conte who is on 1984.

Comment

Toby Makoyawo won his NAL race, only 10.91 but into a ridiculous -5.1 wind.

Comment

Virtually none of the Brits due to compete today in Oordegem did so and neither did Laviai Nielsen in Regensburg.

Maybe flight issues or perhaps over-indulgence in the Jubilee festivities??

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                  Virtually none of the Brits due to compete today in Oordegem did so and neither did Laviai Nielsen in Regensburg.

Maybe flight issues or perhaps over-indulgence in the Jubilee festivities??
                  Flight issues & I’m betting Eurostar is either chocka or crazy prices.

Comment

13.82 for Emerson in SP. Outdoor PB!

Comment

After 2 rounds in the heptathlon shot put, Niamh Emerson leads all contenders with a 2nd round, 13.82m SB, and with Chari Hawkins ending up with 13.64m as her best throw and Emerson with one effort left, she could further close the gap on the American at the head of the overall standings.

And so her great 1st day continues.

Comment

Victoria Ohuruogu has suddenly got good this year - 51.05 to win in Clermont, Florida.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                          Occasional Hope commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Silly me. I wonder why it’s taken her so long to get serious?

• Loop-guru
                          Loop-guru commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I believe she is being helped (coached?) by her sister Christine. Interestingly her times are very similar to Christine's times in the 2015 season when Christine ended up running 50.16 at the World Championships. Could we see something similar from Victoria?

• Sprintfan
                          Sprintfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Been following her for some years - seemed a little directionless but who knows the inside story of injuries. Delighted to see her progress. Hope she gets to a Champs or two this year! But there's lots of competition!

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
                        Victoria Ohuruogu has suddenly got good this year - 51.05 to win in Clermont, Florida.
                        shes already run 51.35 this year

Comment

• LuckySpikes
                          LuckySpikes commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know. But her PB before this year was 52.37.

• Sprintfan
                          Sprintfan commented
                          Editing a comment
                          She ran 51.99 late last year

Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
                        After 2 rounds in the heptathlon shot put, Niamh Emerson leads all contenders with a 2nd round, 13.82m SB, and with Chari Hawkins ending up with 13.64m as her best throw and Emerson with one effort left, she could further close the gap on the American at the head of the overall standings.

And so her great 1st day continues.
                        With just the 200m left to go for the heptathletes in Arona, the overall points standings look like this after 3 events:

1) Chari Hawkins (USA): 2893 points

2) Niamh Emerson (GBR): 2769 points

3) Marijke Esselink (NED): 2740 points

4) Claudia Conte (SPN): 2711 points

---

9) Ellen Barber (GBR): 2515 points

Comment

Working...
                        X