No announcement yet.

2019 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is that it won’t be, Australia are contemplating a future bid after the success of the commonwealth games, the only option would be to host it in September as they did with the Sydney Olympics. If South Africa or another Southern Hemisphere city wanted to host it the only option would be an autumn world championships, I can’t see how a spring one would work

Comment

• Ladyloz
      Ladyloz commented
      Editing a comment
      The post Olympic year Champs might work better for a later Worlds.

Australia are very good at organising major sporting events so I'd be perfectly happy to see a World Championships awarded to them.

• September's fine. October's not.

Comment

• Picked up that the lesser spotted Jacko Gill has set a new PB of 21.47.

Although it feels like he first broke through decades ago, he's still only 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuckySpikes
        Oh! So close!

After dropping about 10s off the lead at 36km, Kenenisa Bekele rallied to win the Berlin Marathon in 2:01:41, missing Kipchoge's WR by just 2 seconds!!

It was the second time he was very close to breaking the WR in Berlin. In 2016 he missed Kimetto's WR by just 6 seconds.

So, he now owns the 2nd and 6th fastest times ever.

Berhanu Legese was 2nd in 2:02:48 to go 3rd on the all-time list.

The women's race was won by Ashete Bekere (ETH), just outside 2:20. Mare Dibaba was a few seconds behind.
        This is the most shocking result I can recall in years. Where on earth did that come from??? Was there anyone who didn't think Bekele was finished??

Comment

• I'm beginning to think those Nike shoes really are worth a couple of minutes. A case of "Believe the Hype"!
          Last edited by Sovietvest; 29-09-19, 13:30. Reason: Typo

Comment

• TEST!

Testing to see if I can post - on logging on this morning I received the message, "You have been permanently banned by AW admin" !!!

As a result you'll see all the threads I've started, e.g., "2019 Outdoors" and the "Live Streaming Links" threads, have disappeared from the forum (though I can still view them (minus my posts!) via my profile.

Comment

• LuckySpikes
              LuckySpikes commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok, phew, I've been re-instated ... apparently it was caused by their continued testing of new spam solutions

However, all my posts and consequently all the threads I've started still aren't showing.

• Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. At the moment your posts and threads are still not showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laps View Post
              Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. At the moment your posts and threads are still not showing.
              Thanks, Laps. I've let them know by email and Jessica said the web developers are on the case, so it's just a case of waiting.

Comment

• Preview Show for the INEOS 1:59 Challenge at 4pm today at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4xrUTcFkb4

The attempt is due to go off early tomorrow (start time to be confirmed later today). It will be live on the BBC Sport app & online.

Comment

Working...
                X