2019 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

I'm surprised people are "surprised" by Jordan Diaz. He was the kid who shattered the world youth record at the last ever edition of the World Youth Games in Nairobi in 2017, aged just 15. If you think jumping 17.38m aged 18 is "crazy", Diaz set his U-18 record with 17.30m as a 15 year old!
    I knew then he was a special talent and he went on to win last year's World Juniors in Tampere just as easily.
    just being forgetful !!

Comment

• Some great lineups for the Birmingham GP, 6 of the 100 lineup could make the final in Doha. But some others are poor by diamond league standards

Comment

• Coleman and Amy Hunt pull out of Birmingham, remember how many pulled out of London at the last minute

Comment

• Way to go Japan! Two national records in the long jump yesterday, first Hashioka jumped 8.32 then his teammate Shiroyama jumped 8.40, which is second best in the world this year

Comment

• https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ugs-tests.html

It's the Daily Fail, but his pulling out of Birmingham was suspect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johannes Factotum View Post
              https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...ugs-tests.html

It's the Daily Fail, but his pulling out of Birmingham was suspect.
              Well, well, well...

I wonder if this little bit of news will raise the same sort of uproar from some observers as TBO's very similar case (which she was completely exonerated on) did over a decade ago....

Comment

• larkim
                larkim commented
                Editing a comment
                Bit too early to judge as being very similar, other than the overall rule transgression. If he has similarly mitigating factors, I'm happy to judge him in the same way and see a lenient sanction applied. But he also needs to have his head examined, given the history of other elites falling foul of this. 3 times really, without mitigating factors, is just idiotic.

• So Gatlin is now favourite for Doha. Oh, the irony.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sovietvest View Post
                So Gatlin is now favourite for Doha. Oh, the irony.
                Oh God noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

• Bizarre that the Mail got the scoop on this Coleman story. How did they find out about it when the journalist (their regular athletics guy) is UK based? Either way it spells trouble for Coleman as going on previous cases he could get a 12 month ban. Brianna Rollins was given a 12 month ban for missing 3 tests, the third of which should have been on the day she was meeting Obama in the White House, so they didn’t cut her much slack

Comment

• And yet Ajee Wilson who actually FAILED a test got off scot free

Comment

• Apologies if I missed it, but I can’t see that any of us picked up on Kendricks’ 6.06 at the US champs.

2nd all time in the outdoor list behind Bubka. Or as I prefer to call it, 2nd all time behind the WR holder.

Comment

• Yes, very impressive. He has to be favourite in Doha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
                          Yes, very impressive. He has to be favourite in Doha.
                          <Piotr Lisek and Armand Duplantis> "Are we a joke to you?!"

Comment

• lisek’s my pick for silver. Duplantis obv a great talent but I believe will only be in then fight for bronze.

Comment

• Kendricks 6.00. Claye 18.06. Impressive.

Comment

Working...
                              X