No announcement yet.

Indoor Season 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.43 and bits for Courtney, beating a good field for the win. 3000m seems a good distance for her

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
      8.43 and bits for Courtney, beating a good field for the win. 3000m seems a good distance for her
      Yes, nicely done by Courtney. Sub-30 for the last lap.

Comment

muir sets a new 800 indoor pb and scottish record with 159.50, goes 4th on the all time list

Comment

I'd like to see Laura Muir running the 800 in Glasgow, after that 1.59 showing.

Comment

Our Laura just announced in her BBC British Champs interview that she is looking to race the 1500/3000 double in Glasgow.

Comment

A pb for marc Scott over 5 k; 13.21.97 in Boston, and number 4 indoors performance for 2019 for Thomas Staines in the 800m in 1.46.29.

Comment

oh dear how are the mighty fallen... Lawrence Okoye arrested with others for soliciting prostitution in the States. The guy threw await his talent for cash and could not make big time and now mixing clearly with low lives. what a shame.!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by philipo View Post
                  oh dear how are the mighty fallen... Lawrence Okoye ...
                  I'm not sure I've ever seen so much talent squandered.

Comment

• irishman
                    irishman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Rare I find myself agreeing almost word for word for philipo, but Okoye one of those rare instances where spiteful annoyance is justified - remember, the man's married (or was), and not only threw away a possibly world class discus career, but an Oxford pace in Law, which is a licence to print money. And to do this on the eve of his debut in AAF, his last chance saloon, defies belief - that AAF had a rather successful launch only rubs salt in the wounds.

Question arises, would a conviction for this interfere with his ability to remain in the states?

Originally posted by trevorp View Post

I'd like to say it was admirable (barely) that Okoye wanted to try something different in his life by trying to go for the American Football gig... But it was an enormous risk which, if he had managed to pull it off, had probably set him up for life financially, something that a career in Discus doesn't nessasarily guaruntee. Even if he only had a five season career as a bench warmer, he'd earn far more than he would have done in a 15 year life in athletics.
                  However, the chances of him succeeding were vanishingly small... The number of British American Football players that actually made it on the field of play in the NFL can be honestly counted on the fingers of *one* hand.
                  Of course hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but looking back, I always thought this was a very bad career choice for Okoye... And now it looks even more foolish with this latest news coming from him.

What a waste...

Comment

did you notice some of the very high quality Millrose games results. Near WR by kejelcha in the Mile, crouser starts with a 22.33 bang; sub 1.44 800m by Saruni; 3.33 and bits by the Ethiopian during the mile; WL in the womens 800m, sub 1.59
                    Not impressed by this weeks Brit Champs but full marks to McKinna in the womens shot.!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trevorp View Post

Quite. I hope he’s happy with what he sees in the mirror, but looking from the outside you’d have to wonder. Still only 27, should he see the light it wouldn’t be too late to come back to the circle.

Given up a place at Oxford and the chance to be the very best in the world at something. Most people don’t get anywhere near either of those, let alone both.

The American dream, eh?

Comment

In regards to the men's sprints at the European indoors who's likely to get the nod for the GB team ?

Comment

Big indoor best for Jake Norris in the weight throw.

Comment

Working...
                          X