No announcement yet.

Indoor Season 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think muir ruled herself out of both, would rather see her doing the 1500 as mccolgan is a gold medal prospect in the 3000 so if would be daft for them both to do it and leave the 1500, mitchell blake is confirmed for the british champs but his 60 pb isnt great ( 6.65) soc and tracey are confirmed for the british champs too

Comment

https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/...championships/

Comment

Further to the discussion of our Euro team, Millie Courtney is running the 3000 in Karlsruhe this Saturday (which is also when Sarah McDonald is running the 1500 in France - earlier on I must have been looking at the January calendar because I said Wednesday).
        Karlsruhe are drip-feeding their startlists on their Twitter - https://twitter.com/INDOOR_MEETING

Comment

That's a very nice start to the season for Morgan Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckySpikes View Post
            Reekie is more likely for the 1500, I would say. Also, Sarah McDonald is racing in France next Wednesday and I'd put her chances better than Reekie's.

Has Laura Muir declared her intentions yet - whether she's doubling again or not?

I don't see Steph Twell doing this indoor season since she seems to be transitioning to the roads. I might be wrong though.

Eliot Giles has run a couple of races this season so I expect he'll be going for the team.

Sam Atkin has the standard for the 3000 but he's American-based so I don't know what he'll try to do.

yeah you are probably right regarding twell and reekie, i see twell is running cross country next month. how does the entry criteria work again, i know its 3 for some events but only 2 for others

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post

yeah you are probably right regarding twell and reekie, i see twell is running cross country next month. how does the entry criteria work again, i know its 3 for some events but only 2 for others
              No, it's 3 for each event - http://www.european-athletics.org/mm...ns_Neutral.pdf

Comment

ah right, i had assumed otherwise

Comment

The Karlsruhe, Torun & Dusseldorf meetings will all be streamed live by the IAAF again - https://www.iaaf.org/news/press-rele...ve-stream-2019 Presumably Spanish TV have the rights to the Madrid meeting.

Comment

Sprint double for GB in Berlin tonight. Kristal Awuah with a big win and 7.19 PB over Luckenkemper. Reece Prescod just edging Cisse in a 6.53 PB. Tortu 3rd in 6.59.

Three World Leads in the rest of the meeting:
                    - "PamBam" 7.89 in the 60 Hurdles, just ahead of Roleder 7.91 & Herman 7.97
                    - Mihambo 6.99 in the Long Jump. Her 3 valid jumps were all 6.94 or over. Spanovic 3rd with 6.65.
                    - Sam Kendricks, 5.86

Comment

Sprint double for GB in Berlin tonight. Kristal Awuah with a big win and 7.19 PB over Luckenkemper. Reece Prescod just edging Cisse in a 6.53 PB. Tortu 3rd in 6.59.

Three World Leads in the rest of the meeting:
                      - "PamBam" 7.89 in the 60 Hurdles, just ahead of Roleder 7.91 & Herman 7.97
                      - Mihambo 6.99 in the Long Jump. Her 3 valid jumps were all 6.94 or over. Spanovic 3rd with 6.65.
                      - Sam Kendricks, 5.86
                      awuah will go 2nd on the 100 metres uk all time list this summer, thats my prediction

Comment

There's some footage up on Twitter, very impressive from both of them, Reece normally kicks into overdrive around the 70m mark outdoors but managed to get there after roughly 45m tonight. Awuah beat a lot of athletes with vastly more experience than her tonight, looks like the real deal

Comment

"Thomas Staines ran the 600m in 1:15.31 to set a new all-time (British) record and is the fastest in world the this season!! "

Looking at the all time lists I am not sure if this is entirely true. however it is very significant.

I had flagged up young Staines as someone to watch in the future, and this is a massive step forward, OK, rarely run distance, and only indoors, but indicates this lad could well be a natural 400/800 runner

very exciting!

Comment

great to see such an impressive win from Awuah who might just be the youngster to challenge DAS. |She is young tough so patience will be needed.
                            Impressive win by Prescod indoors.
                            Karlsruhe tonight so a nice beginning to a fine 2019 season just getting going. BTW duplantis hit a 5.87 yesterday!!

Comment

A belated and slightly off-topic.... Happy New year everyone. :-)

With regard to carterhatch's comment on the lack of posts so far, I note that I would have posted earlier but I had been deleted from the list of users,
                              so I had to re-register
                              (I know at least one other user who had also been deleted, wrote to admin to ask about it and was, of course, ignored. LOL).

Right, so, yes, Kristal Awuah. :-)

very exciting. (My expert opinion. But also testing to see if the new forum layout will support a big font for effect. LOL)

Comment

8.43 and bits for Courtney, beating a good field for the win. 3000m seems a good distance for her

Comment

Working...
                                X