Indoor Season 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor Season 2019

Good to see KJT competing in France at the weekend, including shot put, I wonder what her plans are this year... meanwhile young pretender Niamh Emerson competed in only two events at the England Combined Events Champs, I hope in a planned manner, and got PBs in both hurdles and SP, throwing further than KJT did ...

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    Good to see KJT competing in France at the weekend, including shot put, I wonder what her plans are this year... meanwhile young pretender Niamh Emerson competed in only two events at the England Combined Events Champs, I hope in a planned manner, and got PBs in both hurdles and SP, throwing further than KJT did ...

a reasonable start to the season from kjt and a great start from emerson, i wonder if we will see either of them at the euro indoors, id imagine emerson is more likely

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post

a reasonable start to the season from kjt and a great start from emerson, i wonder if we will see either of them at the euro indoors, id imagine emerson is more likely
      Hi

The European Athletics official site says KJT has accepted an invite to Glasgow for the pentathlon, while Kevin Mayer has declined.

http://www.european-athletics.org/co...-competitions/

Comment

Niamh i competing at the Combined Events International at the end of the Month. I imagine she will be hoping to qualify for the Indoors by producing a good score there.

Comment

would love to see thiam there too, without the javelin her and kjt are pretty even for the pentathlon, could be an amazing competition

Comment

In Seattle yesterday Shannon Rowbury returned to the track after giving birth last year - 9:03 in the 3000, two-tenths behind Eleanor Fulton. Decent but looked like she was struggling for finishing speed at this point in time.

Performance of the meeting was Yomif Kejelcha's 3:52.6 in the Mile, preceded by a 2:18 win over Clayton Murphy in the 1000m. Konstanze Klosterhalfen also did the 1000 & Mile double - 2:43 & 4:29. Katie Mackey 2nd in the Mile, 4:30.

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
              would love to see thiam there too, without the javelin her and kjt are pretty even for the pentathlon, could be an amazing competition
              https://www.athleticsweekly.com/news...ry-1039920042/

Thiam missing the indoor season.

Comment

Originally posted by larkim View Post
                yeah, pretty crap, i would possibly have had kjt as the favourite even with thiam there, shes got to be the red hot favourite now

Comment

morgan lake starts her indoor season with a british indoor record equaling and indoor pb jump of 1.97

https://twitter.com/fuzzcoaching/sta...53828757778434

Comment

Was a time when this forum would have been filled with contributions from the weekend... where is everyone? I fear the worse for SteveK26, but it has come to something when a lurker like me is the first to acknowledge...

The welcome return to competition of Sam Talbot ... according to Power of Ten he did a couple of 60H at Sheffield last week,,,
                    Congratulations to Niamh Emerson, she really does posses a winning mentality, and it will be interesting to watch her continued progress.
                    I do want to acknowledge the run by Amber Anning, 'the fastest indoor time by a British junior for half a century', but wont get too excited just yet as I have been here before with an emerging 400m runner.
                    I will however follow with great interest Naomi Ogbeta ... triple jump is an en event where there can be great wear and tear, so I hope her career avoids the worst of this, but might we see our next 15m jumper

Comment

Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
                      Was a time when this forum would have been filled with contributions from the weekend... where is everyone? I fear the worse for SteveK26, but it has come to something when a lurker like me is the first to acknowledge...

The welcome return to competition of Sam Talbot ... according to Power of Ten he did a couple of 60H at Sheffield last week,,,
                      Congratulations to Niamh Emerson, she really does posses a winning mentality, and it will be interesting to watch her continued progress.
                      I do want to acknowledge the run by Amber Anning, 'the fastest indoor time by a British junior for half a century', but wont get too excited just yet as I have been here before with an emerging 400m runner.
                      I will however follow with great interest Naomi Ogbeta ... triple jump is an en event where there can be great wear and tear, so I hope her career avoids the worst of this, but might we see our next 15m jumper

good runs by asha philip, david king and butchart as well. i dont think a medal in the europeans is outwith the realms of possibility for emerson as a few of the big names wont be there

Comment

Solid start to the season for many.

re Talbot - he is getting there and hopefully the likes of Bryant come back full strength and men and women’s teams will be full for Tokyo...

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                          Solid start to the season for many.

re Talbot - he is getting there and hopefully the likes of Bryant come back full strength and men and women’s teams will be full for Tokyo...
                          im mainlly hoping for a strong team for the euro indoors at the moment, something we very rarely get

ideally

womens

60 m - philip lansiquot and awuah
                          400 m doyle and nielsen
                          800 m reekie ? and hopefully tracey, soc or sharp
                          1500 m muir, mcolgan?
                          3000 mccolgan, twell
                          6om hurdles - ofili?
                          4 x 400 doyle, both nielsens, anning, beasly, clark?
                          high jump - lake
                          triple jump - ogbeta
                          long jump - sawyers, irozuru?
                          pole vault - bradshaw
                          pentathlon - kjt, emerson
                          shot - mckinna

mens
                          60m - kilty, ujah? robertson
                          400 m chalmers
                          800m - learmonth, langford
                          1500 - ohare, kerr
                          3000 - butchart
                          60 m hurdles - king
                          high jump - baker, gale
                          triple jump - fox
                          lomng jump - fincham dukes
                          pole vault - hague
                          hept- tim duckworth
                          shot - lincoln

obviously some of those are longshots, sharp rarely bothers with indoors, the likes of pozzi, wightman, dasher has ruled themselves out , hudson smith and the main 400 metres runners of the last few years never seem to bother, we may even get some stronger names in the mens 60

Comment

Reekie is more likely for the 1500, I would say. Also, Sarah McDonald is racing in France next Wednesday and I'd put her chances better than Reekie's.

Has Laura Muir declared her intentions yet - whether she's doubling again or not?

I don't see Steph Twell doing this indoor season since she seems to be transitioning to the roads. I might be wrong though.

Eliot Giles has run a couple of races this season so I expect he'll be going for the team.

Sam Atkin has the standard for the 3000 but he's American-based so I don't know what he'll try to do.

Comment

As lucky spikes mentions with Steph Twell moving to roads and trying out the marathon this year I don't think she'll be looking at indoors.

I think Muir has previously mentioned doing 3000m but I could be mistaken. I would imagine McColgan will do similar. Cant see Reekie in the 800m, possibly 1500m. Adelle Tracey I would guess would be a strong contender for the 800m.

As far as the men are concerned wouldn't surprise me to see O'Hare doing the 3000m with Butchart. With Wightman out injured, maybe Kerr & Gourley who both seem to have had strong runs in US recently.

Comment

Working...
                              X