No announcement yet.

UK Outdoors May 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with Trickstat that you need careful following of U20 young hurdlers. I await to see how the young world record holder from France Sacha Zoyat transfers to senior competition.

Comment

• dear fellow posters
      having been driven crazy by the AW Forum which would not let me post at all i have had to change my username to marilyn1 instead of philipo

Comment

• First year under 23 Charlotte Payne improved her HT PB to 69.58 at the Berkshire champs to go 4th on the UK all-time list. Looks like quite a battle to be the UK's number one this year.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
          Occasional Hope commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it was mentioned a few pages ago. This thread is moving fast

It could be one of the most competitive events at the UK champs. I hope at least one can push on and get to real world class.

• Ursus
          Ursus commented
          Editing a comment
          As OH says.

Very pleasing, but still all a fair way off true world class but develop good strength in depth and the rest should take care of itself.

This is not a relevant comparison, but it’s quite interesting. To me, anyway.

If you’re talking real strength in depth, this season USA already has 9 over 70m and another 5 over 69 with 28 in total over 65.

All time we have only had 17 over 65m in total. USA has had 115! Our 2 70m ladies compare to their 28.

Even allowing for larger population and college system those are quite astonishing numbers.

• 20.17 for Lincoln at the Yorkshire Champs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
          A few more British performances of note on a busy weekend on the NCAA circuit...

Katy-Ann McDonald doubled up in the 800/1500m at the SEC Outdoor Championships, coming 4th in the 800m final with a 2:03.09, while in the 1500m, Ann McDonald took nearly half a second out of her previous best, coming in a respectable 3rd place with 4:12.30.

Amber Anning though was very disappointing in the 400m, going out in the prelims with a below-par 53.46.
          Katy-Ann deserved the chance to win a title but instead had to gather as many points as possible and was put into two events, where she realistically didn't have enough recovery time to do herself justice in the 800m final.

Amber Anning strained her hamstring at the 200m mark in the heat.

Comment

• RunUnlimited
            RunUnlimited commented
            Editing a comment
            On Katy-Ann, yep agreed. Yusuf Bizimana was also roped in for double-duty in the 800m and 1500m at the Big-12 Championships in Lubbock, Texas. However, his was a bit of a happier mission, for though he finished 6th in the 1500m (3:47.69), he managed to win the 800m final just an hour and a half later, in 1:48.55 to get the maximum points for Texas University, for which the meet was on their home track.

As for the news on Anning, dang, tough break. I hope it's just a strain and nothing more serious than that.

• According to Ian Hodge's, yesterday in Clermont, Florida, Jaz Sawyers leaped out to a 6.68m (+1.7m/s) season's best in the long jump, 11cm short of the EC Q standard, but deffo a CWG bettering one.

Meanwhile in France, Nicole Yeargin won the 200m in a new PB of 23.09 (-0.3m/s), moving her to 3rd on the Scottish all time list over the distance.

Comment

• felix51
            felix51 commented
            Editing a comment
            I still cannot find Ian Hodge's new twitter account. Could anyone confirm it please? All I get when searching is @IanHodge7, which is the old account, the last post being on 25 September 21. Very frustrating!

• jjimbojames
            jjimbojames commented
            Editing a comment
            @ian_hodge8

• Occasional Hope
            Occasional Hope commented
            Editing a comment
            And here's the link: https://twitter.com/ian_hodge8

• SB 11.12 (+1.0) heat and =PB 22.81 (+2.0) for Daryll Neita in Savona.

100 final later

Comment

• drobbie
            drobbie commented
            Editing a comment
            dont think she competed in the final, probably because she also ran the 200

• RunUnlimited
            RunUnlimited commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed drobbie Neita pulled out of the 100m final after making her point (achieving the WC and EC Q time), so that she could also do the 200m.

• treadwater1
            treadwater1 commented
            Editing a comment
            She’s got a decent amount of potential over 200, I’d like to see her do more of them. A PB of 22.8 from a handful of serious 200m races isn’t bad

• Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
          @ian_hodge8
          Thanks Jimbo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
            And here's the link: https://twitter.com/ian_hodge8
            Many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Christy93 View Post
              SB 11.12 (+1.0) heat and =PB 22.81 (+2.0) for Daryll Neita in Savona.

100 final later
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8PJB0ZI0NU I've just watched the replay of Neita's 100m heat run (race starts at around the 17:50 mark) and I have to say, she made 11.12 look really, really easy. The Italian Zaynab Dosso who came 2nd in that run, looked eyeballs out trying to chase down the Brit for her 11.19 PB.

I can see Neita revising her 10.93 PB by quite a margin this year.

Comment

• Young talent alert: I'd noticed that u17 Phoebe Gill ran a very decent 2.06.58 a month or so ago. Ian Hodge now reports she's improved that to a stunning 2.03.74.

Comment

• Gourley wins yet again. But still not quite the Worlds standard. Close.

Comment

• Hi all (new to the forum), does anyone know when Jodie Williams is due to start her 400m season?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommo View Post
                      Hi all (new to the forum), does anyone know when Jodie Williams is due to start her 400m season?
                      Welcome to the forum Tommo!

As to your question, Jodie Williams had already started her season back on April 9th, running a couple of 100m races and a 55 second 400m in Atlanta, USA. But she hasn't been seen since then. There is a women's 400m "B" race at the Birmingham DL tomorrow which is an entirely domestic affair, but Jodie is not on the start list.

Comment

• Tommo
                        Tommo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks. Hopefully we will see more of her soon, and quicker than 55 seconds

• Apparently Niamh Emerson is doing hurdles and shot at the Loughborough meting on Sunday. Hope she makes this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X