Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I think the same largely applies to most countries but the difference with the US is that you are far more like to get times like sub 10 100s at these meets than at equivalent level meets elsewhere.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by MysteryBrick View Post
    Inclined to agree with you in some respects, Philipo. The thing I most look out for is comparative performances (i.e. if you beat someone good), which is why Haydock-Wilson's 46.05 in Bermuda, beating Kahmari Montgomery (44.23 PB) and Machel Cedenio (4th in 2016 Olympics, 44.01 PB), and Charlie Dobson's runs dispatching Ronnie Baker, NMB, Kendal Williams and others were particularly notable.
    Or MHS hanging tough with current training partner Steven Gardiner and recording his 2nd fastest time ever.

Or our female hammer throwers winning over in America recently to back up their already good form.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 28-04-22, 00:53.

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    replied
    Inclined to agree with you in some respects, Philipo. The thing I most look out for is comparative performances (i.e. if you beat someone good), which is why Haydock-Wilson's 46.05 in Bermuda, beating Kahmari Montgomery (44.23 PB) and Machel Cedenio (4th in 2016 Olympics, 44.01 PB), and Charlie Dobson's runs dispatching Ronnie Baker, NMB, Kendal Williams and others were particularly notable.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    Let's face it, practically no meets in America use the correct mechanism showing up false starts as for major meetings.

Leave a comment:

• philipo
    replied
    I take all the April great sprints in the USA with a large dose of disbelieve , not just the windy stuff, but the starts and officials leave a lot to be desired. Add to this the super shoes supplied to satisfy the American investors in certain companies, and it leaves a certain indifference!!

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    replied
    Looking through the weekend results on Po10 - Alex Haydock Wilson ran an 800 PB [1.59 and bits] as well as windy 100 and 200s at Clermont, Fl [same meet as the Charlie Dobson sub-20, the Imani Lansiquot 11, all windy] ... I have a feeling AH-W is leaving no stone unturned to get a sub 45 this season.

also of windy note, at that meet, was Jenna Blundell achieving a 13.06 in 100H
    Last edited by carterhatch; 25-04-22, 12:12.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    I once posted an excited comment about someone equaling their PB, then another athlete. Then I realised I was reading their pbs on the startlist not the finishing times and deleted comment before anyone noticed.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    I don't think she actually has: (19) Nicole Yeargin, Oly (@yourfitnic) / Twitter
    L O L.

Welp, guess I have to edit my comment then.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    I don't think she actually has: (19) Nicole Yeargin, Oly (@yourfitnic) / Twitter

Leave a comment:

• Christy93
    replied
    50.71 for Nicole Yeargin - Equal Scottish record.

Leave a comment:

• trevorp
    commented on 's reply
    Crikey, that must have been some wind to blow Harry's mass to a 10.10.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    6.24 LJ pb for heptathlete Isabel Wakefield.

Leave a comment:

• CAML
    replied
    Part of Dobson's 19.99 on Instagram. In this form I'm struggling to see how he doesn't break the British 400m record when he opens his 400m account.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Rounded up to 14.45 so "only" a British record.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Video of MHS's race: Steven Gardiner 44.22 400m World Lead - YouTube

Leave a comment:

Working...
X