Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Last weekend Jahisha Thomas TJ PB of 13.59.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    MysteryBrick Yep, and there are others to include too, like squad member Reuben Henry-Daire who ran the 4 x 4 heats in Tallinn, and Nabil Tezkratt who also went below last year's European U20 standard, but didn't make the team but could be in line to make it to this year's World U20s.

This is a talented bunch who have all come around at roughly the same time and will hopefully spur each other on to be faster in the years to come.

Could they get close to the U20 4 x 400m record? Its a tough ask, and so far one of the big members of it, Carvell, has not raced yet so far this season, indoors or outdoors, so we'll have to wait and see if he's fit and ready before making an assessment. If all of them are there and are available, I could see GB getting a medal in Cali.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    The amazing thing about last year's U20 quartet is they are all still juniors this year (and Carvell is next year too!)

British U20 4x400m record is 3:03.80 from 1990 - Grindley, Patrick, Winrow, Richardson with splits of 46.4, 45.9, 45.8, 45.7. Adding together the PBs of the 4 above gives 45.72+46.60+46.72+46.76 = 3:05.80 - if you take off 0.7s per leg for 2nd to 4th you end up with 3:03.70... they should be capable of it but it won't be easy!
    Last edited by MysteryBrick; 28-04-22, 11:39.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Back on the U20 front, Brodie Young, an integral part of the gold medal winning 4 x 400m quartet at the European U20s along with Sam Reardon, Charlie Carvell and Ed Faulds, set a new PB of 46.76 to win the 400m race in Clermont, Florida on April 23rd. Young, who turned 19 in February, won by nearly 2 full seconds from his nearest competitor, who is 6 years his senior.

That time is just outside the World U20 qualifying standard (46.50), but it puts him at the top of the European U20 400m list for 2022, and 15th on the world U20 list.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    I do too. As a junior athlete, Reece almost exclusively ran the 200m, but from 2016, he's only run a grand total of *four* 200m races (if you include the one Ian Hodge reported on a couple of days ago). For me, I personally feel the 200m would be his better event and perhaps this year Prescod is perhaps returning to his roots.

• Ladyloz
    replied
    I'd describe Prescod's season start as solid, no more/less. And that's fine for end April. We'll see where he is in June/July/August when it truly matters.

Hopefully he will have a real crack at 200m this year.

Leave a comment:

• drobbie
    replied
    Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    Ian Hodge tweeted that Reece Prescod ran both a 100 [10.38] and 200 [20.69] last night in Coventry ... this will make some forum users laugh [and one certainly snort with derision] but Ian hodge, not prone to hyperbole, states that, likely he was talking about the 200 in particular, 'world class racing in the cool weather'...

I just hope that the Prescod stays fit and healthy, keeps motivated, for surely with his natural talent, on a warm summer evening this year, there is a chance he might fulfil his potential.
    yeah i saw that too and was a bit surprised with the terminology

Leave a comment:

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    I mean, if people are going to treat times in the US in great conditions with big winds with disdain, then one would logically assume they would treat times in the UK in poor conditions with negative winds positively. Obviously, I wouldn't expect as much. 20.69 isn't a bad opener at all whatever the case.
    Last edited by MysteryBrick; 28-04-22, 08:46.

• Stew-Coach
    commented on 's reply
    it was unfortunately a chilly evening with a headwind. He was a class apart in both races tbh

I was most surprised by his spike choice for the 100 which was a very old pair of ja fly (at least 6 years) lol

• carterhatch
    replied
    Ian Hodge tweeted that Reece Prescod ran both a 100 [10.38] and 200 [20.69] last night in Coventry ... this will make some forum users laugh [and one certainly snort with derision] but Ian hodge, not prone to hyperbole, states that, likely he was talking about the 200 in particular, 'world class racing in the cool weather'...

I just hope that the Prescod stays fit and healthy, keeps motivated, for surely with his natural talent, on a warm summer evening this year, there is a chance he might fulfil his potential.
    Last edited by carterhatch; 27-04-22, 11:34.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by mattrh17 View Post
    Niamh Emerson is on the start lists for the 200m, 100mH and Shot at BUCS this weekend.

Well, well, well, that *is* an interesting development. I guess we'll see what sort of shape Niamh is in after a near 4 year gap since her last full heptathlon, and nearly 2 years since she was last seen on the track in any capacity.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 25-04-22, 21:55.

Leave a comment:

• mattrh17
    replied
    Niamh Emerson is on the start lists for the 200m, 100mH and Shot at BUCS this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Ahh, the "Rabah Yousif/Yousif Zatat" conundrum strikes Po10.

Considering that "Joe Ellis" only known results on his page are from 2013 as an U13, with 2 100m, a 200m and an 80m hurdles to speak off, then nothing until this sudden explosion in the hammer, I believe your hypothesis is correct.

The European Athletics stats zone has the performance accredited to the correct athlete at least, as does the stats zone on World Athletics.

Hopefully someone will correct that mistake soon enough... The fact that they still have Lee McConnell as one of the fastest junior 400m runners in UK history, when in reality she was still a high jumper (apparently somebody copypasted her 2001 Summer Universiade results into her 1997 ones), really irks me for some reason.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 25-04-22, 20:41.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Hammer thrower Joe Ellis, who turned 26 last week, recorded a UK-leading throw of 73.50m in Ohio last night, his best in 4 years when he set his 73.80m PB and the first time he's gone beyond 70m since 2019.
    He's now improved that pb to 74.19, although Po10 appears to have assigned the performance to a different Joe Ellis, but I'm pretty sure it's actually the original one.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    That's all fair enough, it's all about indicators of form and so on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X