No announcement yet.

World Indoor Championships 2022 - March 18-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As others have no doubt noticed, there seems to be a few gremlins with the timing equipment here in Belgrade. Had another issue with the latest women's 60m heat, with Swoboda winning in 7.10, but the timing taking longer than expected to be confirmed.

Comment

Daryl Neita, confirms her place in the semi finals with a 7.13 clocking, her second best time ever, just ahead of Sharika Jackson's 7.16, and Diana Vaisman of Israel running a NIR in third with 7.23

Comment

And 2 more NRs in the remaining heats - this time from the same region - Diana Vaisman (ISR) 7.23 & Aziza Sbaity (LBN) 7.47.

Brianna Williams looked very good - 7.06 PB.

Comment

Brianna Williams scorches to a new 60m PB of 7.06 in the final heat, well ahead of Poland's Pia Skrzyszowska's 7.23 and Cheyanne Evans-Gray sneaks the crucial final auto qualifying spot in 7.30, just a thousandth of a second ahead of Auroua Berton from Italy... if not for that, her time would have been too slow for non-auto qualifying spot.

Comment

Charlotte Afriat finishes last but earns herself a place on the Monagasque bobsleigh squad for 2026. 🤣

Comment

I'm hoping for the sake of my Prediction Contest that Trevor Bassitt was doing just enough to get through.

Just the one indoor NR in those 400 heats - Julien Watrin (BEL), 45.88, over half a second faster than any other qualifier.

Comment

From the depths of hell Phil Healy catches Lieke Klaver to take the first 400 heat in 51.75.

Comment

Good Qual run for Pipi! 👏

Comment

Oh Jesse Knight in trouble. Will be a prolonged legal debate now.

Comment

Bit of shoulder barging by Vondrova there. Jessie Knight giving her a push back in retaliation. Looks like it should be a Vondrova DQ to me.

Comment

• drobbie
                        drobbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yep, not her fault

• Grassmarket
                        Grassmarket commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jesse did run a considerable short distance, that’s not good.

• drobbie
                        drobbie commented
                        Editing a comment
                        clearly disrupted and had to slow to get round that advertising board though

What? Knight DQ'd but Vondrova not? ... We wuz robbed!

Comment

Tall order for Erin Wallace there. A small but quality field and she would have needed to run a 2+ second indoor PB just to finish 4th.

Comment

• Grassmarket
                          Grassmarket commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Is still 2nd best loser, I reckon. Three places open.

• MysteryBrick
                          MysteryBrick commented
                          Editing a comment
                          3rd best now, so would need a slow last heat.

• Grassmarket
                          Grassmarket commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No, too bad. 3rd heat were wise enough to keep the pace up.

Knight DQed for running off track. There are precedents for timed re-runs, team should appeal for that.

Comment

Knew I shouldn't have picked KJT as Champion (though I still went ahead and did it!) At least I hedged my bets and didn't put her down as a European medalist.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                            Occasional Hope commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I think we all did. I was persuaded by all the voices saying she wouldn't have entered if she wasn't in great shape.

800m going to be brutal, only 2 places per race.

Elliot Giles DNS!
                          Last edited by Grassmarket; 18-03-22, 12:58.

Comment

Working...
                          X