No announcement yet.

World Indoor Championships 2022 - March 18-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really quite awful in not allowing myself to believe in the nonsense peddled here about the so called frequent references to the golden age of the 80s.. All super informed posters know that this is the true golden age of British athletics. We just are so unlucky to be rather NFG right now. 😒🙄🙄

Comment

• MysteryBrick
      MysteryBrick commented
      Editing a comment
      Who is the Women's Pentathlon favourite in your eyes, Philipo?

Noor Vidts (last years European Indoor Pentathlon Silver medalist and Tokyo 4th placer) will be stiff competition IMO

Comment

I love Kat and think she can be WC (and OG in 2024) over Thiam…but until I see her complete the HJ of the Pent at least, I’m not putting money on her.

That said, turning up with no comps does suggest supreme confidence because training has gone well, however much her coach might be playing some mental games.

Comment

For philipo who was asking in the wrong thread (again! ) about the East African teams for Belgrade ...

Kenyan team of 10 just announced - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNTwGBAW...jpg&name=large

Comment

Good to see! ... Ukrainian team of 6 women:

60H: Hanna Plotitsyna
          LJ: Marina Bekh-Romanchuk
          TJ: Marina Bekh-Romanchuk
          HJ: Yaroslava Mahuchikh & Iryna Herashchenko
          PV: Yana Gladiychuk
          Pentathlon: Yulia Loban

Translated from https://uaf.org.ua/2022/03/09/ukrain...prymishchenni/

They're also sending a team of 5 to this weekend's European Throwing Cup in Portugal.

Comment

borthwick and strickler added to the gb team for the world indoors
            Last edited by drobbie; 10-03-22, 14:29.

Comment

Originally posted by drobbie View Post
              borthwick and strickler added to the gb team for the world indoors
              Borthwick is fortunate to get a spot to be honest. Since starting the indoor season with 3 straight victories, culminating in jumping 1.95 at the Hustopece meeting on Feb 5th, Emily has been frankly poor, getting stuck in the high 1.80's and not looking close to getting back to where she was in early Feb. Hopefully she can find her best form again come Belgrade.

Strickler on the other hand, has only competed once indoors this season (at the British Indoor Champs), and produced her second best ever indoors shot distance (17.62m). She was also consistent during the contest with 4 out of her 6 efforts going beyond 17 meters. So I think she deserved her spot on the plane to Belgrade. Perhaps, if all goes well, she could possibly get close to throwing over 18 meters again?

Comment

• drobbie
                drobbie commented
                Editing a comment
                based on whats happened in her personal life, i dont grudge her the spot, but i agree

• RunUnlimited
                RunUnlimited commented
                Editing a comment
                drobbie Oh yeah, I almost forgot about what happened. Dang.

SMU has confirmed…she must know she’s in shape to win, so expect a good tussle between her and Bol

Comment

Originally posted by jjimbojames View Post
                SMU has confirmed…she must know she’s in shape to win, so expect a good tussle between her and Bol
                Hmm, now with SMU involved, who wants to bet that the 50 second barrier could be broken in Belgrade? Either by SMU herself, Bol... or by *both* of them?

Comment

I think you’d have to assume at least SMU could do it…and her presence will almost certainly force Bol to commit more on the first lap. Sanders went 23.3 on the first lap in her 50.02, which is likely SMU’s best race strategy - if she does that and drags a few others along, Bol will have to run quicker than before on the first lap or get round the field.

Comment

Just checking the final entry lists for those going to Belgrade next week, and for GB&NI, I'm noticing that Ed Faulds name is not showing up.... Has he scratched from competing?

Comment

• oxfan
                      oxfan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was in the British Athletics announcement of the two addition on iinvites -
                      "Faulds endured a fitness setback following the Muller Indoor Grand Prix last month, where he set a European indoor U20 record, therefore he will not compete in the individual 400m or the 4x400m relay at the championship next week."

• Occasional Hope
                      Occasional Hope commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well, his long term career is more important, but disappointing nonetheless.

• RunUnlimited
                      RunUnlimited commented
                      Editing a comment
                      oxfan Thanks for that, I must have missed that announcement then. A shame since he's been running so well this winter, but his health and well being is paramount of course, and he'll want to be fit for the upcoming summer, especially the World U20's and possibly the Commonwealth Games, being priorities for the season.

I see Izzy Boffey is included in the Belgrade 800m entry list. What's that about?

https://assets.aws.worldathletics.or...d32cb3e441.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by painisthepurifier View Post
                      I see Izzy Boffey is included in the Belgrade 800m entry list. What's that about?

https://assets.aws.worldathletics.or...d32cb3e441.pdf
                      She'll be a reserve. I failed to spot that and will add her to the list of reserves in the Prediction Contest thread.

Comment

Good to see that it's all live on BBC2 and not relegated to the Red Button.

Comment

• Grassmarket
                          Grassmarket commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There’ll be a bit of channel swapping.

Aww nuts! Looks like Jazmyin Sawyers will not compete in the WIC due to injury.

Comment

Working...
                        X