Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treadwater1
    replied
    I’m ambivalent about Hodgkinson competing in the relay, long-term I think she can add something to any quartet we put out but this year of all years might be one to miss with 3 races in Eugene followed by potentially another 3 in Birmingham less than two weeks later. It’s going extremely well for her at the moment, so why tempt fate and run the risk of getting injured? The relay in Eugene is a non starter as the 800 and 4x4 are on the same evening (which would also rule out any double for Mu)

That was a rather unfortunate men’s 400 which didn’t do anyone any favours, yesterday was the best I’ve seen Somers run since, well, 2014. I thought he had a chance of getting the qualifying time today. AHW DQed at the Olympic trials too, the talent is clearly there

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    commented on 's reply
    On a side note I’ve enjoyed seeing Victoria Ohoroughu and Jenny Selman rolling back the years this weekend, VO first made the team at the 2014 WIC in Sopot

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by painisthepurifier View Post
    The women's 800m was a good race, but I can't shake the feeling that there was something missing. I certain something that would have turned it into a really great and exciting race.
    The Men's 100m final in Daegu 2011 probably would have been a more exciting race with Mr Bolt in it. But, the officials applied some rule or other to prevent him racing.

Athletics, however, did survive that disaster. Phew! Relief all round!

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    On that logic, you knew IB wasn’t running as well, so maybe that weird feeling is just something you ate? 🤷‍♂️

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    LoveSprints1 Good luck to Ella Rush in Georgia when she gets there.

Also, she'll be factor at the World U20's heptathlon this summer, going up against European U20 champion Sara Vanninen of Finland and 2021 world rank #2 Henriette Jaeger of Norway (if fit) being the top contenders having been the only U20's to break the 6000 point barrier in the world last year.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Ladyloz Ahh, true.... Hmm, well if she carries on this type of form, Yemi would likely be a finalist at the World U20s at least.

• painisthepurifier
    replied
    Originally posted by painisthepurifier View Post
    The women's 800m was a good race, but I can't shake the feeling that there was something missing. I certain something that would have turned it into a really great and exciting race.
    Yes, no Keely! But, we knew she was running the 400m. No, there was something else. Some missing element. I can't quite put my finger on it. Anyway, whatever it was, I'm sure, as I said, it prevented a good race from being a really exciting, very good race.
    Last edited by painisthepurifier; 27-02-22, 18:56.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    You mean no Keely?

• painisthepurifier
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Bear in mind the Commonwealth's clash with World Juniors.

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    What a great performance. Ella Rush has accepted a place at Georgia so will be competing on the US circuit from this Autumn.

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Correct again Paul. Yemi Mary John edged a little closer to Amber Anning's UK U20 indoor record of 53.00 with her 53.05 performance today. It wouldn't surprise me to see Yemi in the 4x400m relay squad at the Commonwealth's... if not also as an individual athlete.

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    Giant performance from Sophie McKinna. She goes second all time indoors, right?
    Correct - McKinna leap frogs ahead of Judy Oakes' 18.74m performance recorded in Ghent all the way back in 1988 (when I was just 8 years old!)

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    And I think that was an outright PB by Yemi Mary John. Not many are quicker over 400 indoors than out! LOL

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Giant performance from Sophie McKinna. She goes second all time indoors, right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X