X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
    Noted that Cindy Sember isn’t on the entry lists after running a good time at the weekend
    Possible that Sember is focusing more on the outdoor season.... Probably has been working on her speed this indoor season, but never intended to compete in Belgrade.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    Noted that Cindy Sember isn’t on the entry lists after running a good time at the weekend

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    KH is also listed in the 800 (there are a few others who are listed to double) BA policy says that you have to take part in the event you are aiming to be selected for. The outdoor champs may be a different case however as she’ll have the wildcard.

Some good events coming up, particularly in the middle distances, there are quite a few events where we have more than the permitted 2 who have the entry standard

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I am pretty sure he had no plans to run in Belgrade.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    While I suppose the files are set up ready for the meeting itself , I am no computer geek but I think I could probably manage to copy and paste these into a single file such as those that the IAAF and EAA produce.

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Originally posted by Ladyloz View Post

Interestingly Kelly Sotherton has mentioned that due to the strict quotas in place for the Commonwealths (68 for England) that they're looking for people who are versatile and can slot into relays to try & avoid using up quotas with relay reserves.
    Back in ye olden dayes it was absolutely customary for 800m runners to double up in 4x400m.

Leave a comment:

• drobbie
    replied
    no josh kerr?

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    replied
    Originally posted by Christy93 View Post

Keely has said she wants to have a crack at the 4x4 this year, mentioning doing so for England at Commonwealths.
    Interestingly Kelly Sotherton has mentioned that due to the strict quotas in place for the Commonwealths (68 for England) that they're looking for people who are versatile and can slot into relays to try & avoid using up quotas with relay reserves.

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    commented on 's reply
    Keely has to run in the 400m to have a chance of being selected for the 4x4 World really squad (according to the criteria). It will be interesting to see what she does. Lina Nielsen has put out a very fast 300m indoors this season 37.35s and it's good to see that Hannah Williams, Ama Pipi, Jessie Knight and Victoia Ohuruogu are racing. Keely will do massive damage on the second lap, but it's the first lap where the speedsters might give themselves an advantage KH can't make up. Whatever happens, it will be a great watch.

Always felt Isabelle Boffey more of a 400m runner in terms of build and strength, but she does not have the top end speed IMO.

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, that's British Athletics for ya!

• Christy93
    replied
    Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    SATURDAY 26TH FEBRUARY - SUNDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2022

I thought we might have some pre-event discussion and have a dedicated topic for the coming championships...

Just read that Keely Hodgkinson will run the 400 at the weekend. It will be interesting to see what time she might produce ... her PB of 52.61 could well be revised. Any chance of her running a leg in the 4x400?

Isabelle Boffey surprised me with that win in the 1000m. Like another poster commented I have hitherto regarded her as a 400/800 runner, I'd like to know what her plans are now.

You never know until the day of the champs who is attending, but I wait anxiously for news about Amy Hunt.

An emerging cohort of men's 400 runners has the first real opportunity to show their potential, Ed Faulds will be keen to build on his PB, Alex Haydock-Wilson is sure to run faster than his one outing so far and I hope Charlie Dobson, even if he doesn't compete in the 400, might offer the selectors a leg in the relay.

I am also hoping for one surprise, stellar performance ... any thoughts who it might be?
    Keely has said she wants to have a crack at the 4x4 this year, mentioning doing so for England at Commonwealths.

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    It's 2022 and we are still having to open separate PDFs for entries to each event.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Entry Lists:
    Saturday - https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/...t-lists-day-1/
    Sunday - https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/...t-lists-day-2/

Leave a comment:

• Uk athletics indoor championships 2022 - utilita arena - birmingham

SATURDAY 26TH FEBRUARY - SUNDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2022

I thought we might have some pre-event discussion and have a dedicated topic for the coming championships...

Just read that Keely Hodgkinson will run the 400 at the weekend. It will be interesting to see what time she might produce ... her PB of 52.61 could well be revised. Any chance of her running a leg in the 4x400?

Isabelle Boffey surprised me with that win in the 1000m. Like another poster commented I have hitherto regarded her as a 400/800 runner, I'd like to know what her plans are now.

You never know until the day of the champs who is attending, but I wait anxiously for news about Amy Hunt.

An emerging cohort of men's 400 runners has the first real opportunity to show their potential, Ed Faulds will be keen to build on his PB, Alex Haydock-Wilson is sure to run faster than his one outing so far and I hope Charlie Dobson, even if he doesn't compete in the 400, might offer the selectors a leg in the relay.

I am also hoping for one surprise, stellar performance ... any thoughts who it might be?

Working...
X