No announcement yet.

2022 Outdoors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zharnel Hughes had a season opener of 10.15 in Jamaica at the weekend.

Comment

• Philippo. You're in what, your third incarnation on this forum and you become ever more predictable and boring. Didnt your Mother ever say to you that if you cannot say anything nice STFU? Please.

Comment

• But you guys are also very boring to me. That stuff about only saying nice things is just juvenile nonsense
        This is a forum about track and field which is largely about a professional sport. And todays athletes worldwide are no pussycats

Comment

• MysteryBrick
          MysteryBrick commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't mind nasty things. I just asked you what you would require from a 19 year old male 100m runner to say they have massive potential. You still haven't done that.

• Did anyone pick up on the windy (+3.6) 8.45m LJ for Jacob Fincham Dukes at the Texas meet on the weekend? In the final round too moving from 6th to 1st

Shame about the wind as most races ended up over the legal limit unfortunately but these early season comps in Texas and Florida always seem to end up like that

Comment

• MysteryBrick
          MysteryBrick commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, second longest jump ever by a Brit. It appears he got a serious injury last year after his decent (8.08m) indoor season, so if he can stay fit maybe an 8.10m+ is on the cards.

• Occasional Hope
          Occasional Hope commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, post a couple of pages back. Obviously the wind helped a lot, but still a very intriguing prospect.

• goldmedalfan
          goldmedalfan commented
          Editing a comment
          Must have missed that! Yeah very gusty but good to see him pushing those distances.

Always like to see the best on the last jump or throw too

• 66.70 with the 2kg discus with a full season ahead of you as a 19 year old is prodigy territory.

Unless your surname is Alekna when you’re not even close to being the best in your household.

Looks like young Mykolas is a chip off the old block.

But you’ve got to feel sorry for his brother Martynas who only managed a mere 60.19 last year before he’d turned 21.

Comment

• Ref Makyawo a good talent for sure and there seems to be room for improvement. I’ll keep half an eye on his progress but I won’t be getting too excited until he’s got a more solid book of work to his name.

Looks like he turns 20 in a few weeks. Never quite sure where the cut off for U20 is (prev Dec?) but anyhow for some context his legit 10.12 PB would tie him with Malcolm in our U20 list, with Chambers, MLF and Gemili (10.05) all ahead.
          Last edited by Ursus; 31-03-22, 09:07.

Comment

• MysteryBrick
            MysteryBrick commented
            Editing a comment
            He's an U23 now as he turns 20 before December 31st.

• Almaz Ayana is making her return at the Movistar Madrid Half Marathon on Sunday. Is she a spent force or can she still be a major factor ...?

Comment

• Makoyawo down for a leg in the 4×4 this weekend. I'm not saying he's a Fred Kerley, but he must be worth a 47.

Comment

• carterhatch
              carterhatch commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish Ojie Edoburun would take some inspiration from that ... according to Po10 he has never, NEVER, run a 400 and considering he has rather plateaud at the short sprints someone of his stature/speed I'd have thought a coach might encourage him to give it a try...

• CAML
              CAML commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never got the Edoburun thing. Sure he's run fast times, but outdoors in big races he's been virtually anonymous.

• trickstat
              trickstat commented
              Editing a comment
              CAML - as an U20 and U23 he had a pretty good record of running fast at the right times. After that, he tended to not produce them at the right time, while since lockdown started he hasn't really produced them anywhere.

• my point is... we have a limited pool of talent, and for someone like Edoburun, with such natural gifts/athleticism, to have never tried a 400 is ...remiss. If I were a head coach i'd be encouraging him to at least try the event... and so I have recently sent an email to UK Athletics including this 'suggestion'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
              Last week, missed Emile Cairess' pb of 61.12 over the HM in Ghent. Not heard of Paulos Surafel before but he managed 61.51 in the same race. Puts them 11th and 21st respectively on the UK all time list.
              Paulos Surafel is making his marathon debut in Sunday's Manchester Marathon which will be the England trials for Comm Games and the British trials for the European Championships. It's being live streamed.

Preview at https://www.manchestermarathon.co.uk...arathon-trial/

Comment

• An article on Toby Makoyawo and his coach from his university newsletter. Philipo had better not read it. Meet the Fastest Human in BU History. He’s Only 19 | BU Today | Boston University

Comment

• Always refreshing to read a bit of unmitigated hagiographical **** now and again. A bit of wind assistance and down from 9.96 to 9.90. Love it 😄😄😄

Comment

• Ranked 16 in last years U 20s in the world ; now , if he was 17 year old Slade of the USA who was somewhat faster , or one ofthe other 18 y.o guys last year who were faster that would interesting.

Comment

• I bet the experts here did not see this coming

2022 Chemist Warehouse Australian Athletics Championships 99th Staging Sydney Olympic Park Athletics Centre
                      Women 5000 Metre Open
                      Aust. Nat.: A 14:43.80 14/08/2020 Jessica Hull, NSW
                      Meet: M 15:30.97 1996 Kate Richardson, VIC
                      15:10.00 WC Qual.
                      1 Hull, Jessica 96 NSW 15:06.13MWC
                      2 Davies, Rose 99 NSW 15:07.49MWC
                      3 Thackery, Calli 93 GBR 15:09.08MWC

Other results

1 Lally, Jade 87 GBR 59.29m
                      55.81m X 59.16m 58.28m 55.12m 59.29m

Comment

• 13.24.58 pb by around 10s for u23 Charles Hicks over 5000.

Comment

Working...
                      X