Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LuckySpikes
    commented on 's reply
    It looks maybe a bit too breezy for a serious WR attempt.

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Already there's been 2 NRs at the P-T-S Meeting in Šamorín (SVK), both in the Women's Hammer.
    Sara Fantini (ITA) improved her own mark by 48cn to 74.86 and in 2nd place, Katrine Koch Jacobsen (DEN) added a massive 3.13m to her 2021 NR with 74.22.

Gudaf Tsegay possibly going for the 5000m WR at 6.28pm UK time.

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    Lots to look forward to in Rome.

mSP is loaded. Even without Crouser and Walsh the worst PB in a field of 9 is 21.83.

Couple of other high class fields where Brits are involved…..

With 21.88 Dasher’s PB is only 5th best in the w200. 2nd on SB.

Okoye is 7th out of 9 on PB and 8th out of 9 on SB.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    This might deserve a separate thread, I think.

Leave a comment:

• oxfan
    replied
    Originally posted by marilyn1 View Post
    if I have made any errors posters will correct me ; it means checking all our athletes and the dates of their performances in 2021, after June 28th last year
    The World Athletics site Road to Oregon shows the relevant marks. And Miller has the standard from Olympics - Aug 2021

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    Josh Zeller has a good chance but the American Trey Cunningham will be the favourite (13.07 already this year). Hopefully they can push each other on further.
    TC , indeed a hot favourite,Zeller still has to come over here and do the business in our trials. By the time of the WC, Zeller will be a little tired perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    if I have made any errors posters will correct me ; it means checking all our athletes and the dates of their performances in 2021, after June 28th last year

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    The Entry standards for the World Champs run between 28th June, 2021 and finish 26th June, 2022.as stated on the Road to Oregon site.
    I set out below the GB athletes who have achieved the Entry Standards within the Qualifying period indicated. Men only now ; later the women.For most of the events i did not mention, cos posters know them anyway.

Hughes, Reece, Hudson smith,Giles, Dustin,Burgin, Rowden,Davis,Wightman, Randolph: 1500m Kerr,The 2 Jakes,Gourley, Giles; 5K, Butchart, Scott, Atkin,,10K Dever; Steeple NIL, 110 H Pozzi, Zeller,400h Chalmers: HJ,LJ,TJ,Shot, Hammer, Javelin, Decathlon.Nil; Discus, Okoye; PV Coppell. The most unlucky is Miller whose hammer qual performance of 78m plus was achieved on 26th June 2021, two days before the start of the current qual period. The above athletes will hope for top two at the Trials in two weeks time for automatic selection.
    The athletes who are not included above will, of course, hope for inclusion in the Qualify by Rankings section which will i understand close on 26th June in 2 weeks time.The UKA selection document states that only our athletes in the top 32 athletes in the rankings will be counted for inclusion in Rankings selection???
    Don’t know how serious it is but I read the other day that Miller is struggling with injury.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    The Entry standards for the World Champs run between 28th June, 2021 and finish 26th June, 2022.as stated on the Road to Oregon site.
    I set out below the GB athletes who have achieved the Entry Standards within the Qualifying period indicated. Men only now ; later the women.For most of the events i did not mention, cos posters know them anyway.

Hughes, Reece, Hudson smith,Giles, Dustin,Burgin, Rowden,Davis,Wightman, Randolph: 1500m Kerr,The 2 Jakes,Gourley, Giles; 5K, Butchart, Scott, Atkin,,10K Dever; Steeple NIL, 110 H Pozzi, Zeller,400h Chalmers: HJ,LJ,TJ,Shot, Hammer, Javelin, Decathlon.Nil; Discus, Okoye; PV Coppell. The most unlucky is Miller whose hammer qual performance of 78m plus was achieved on 26th June 2021, two days before the start of the current qual period. The above athletes will hope for top two at the Trials in two weeks time for automatic selection.
    The athletes who are not included above will, of course, hope for inclusion in the Qualify by Rankings section which will i understand close on 26th June in 2 weeks time.The UKA selection document states that only our athletes in the top 32 athletes in the rankings will be counted for inclusion in Rankings selection???

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Josh Zeller has a good chance but the American Trey Cunningham will be the favourite (13.07 already this year). Hopefully they can push each other on further.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    The NCAA Div 1 starts today and for us in the UK, later this evening; there may be some hot performances in the sprints starting in the middle of the night; I note that Zeller and his fellow Brit will be on at some unearthly hour. Hope to see them run well, in what looks like decent conditions in Eugene.
    Ojora and Zeller next to each other, Lanes 5 and 6, 1st semi; at 1.32 a.m.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    The NCAA Div 1 starts today and for us in the UK, later this evening; there may be some hot performances in the sprints starting in the middle of the night; I note that Zeller and his fellow Brit will be on at some unearthly hour. Hope to see them run well, in what looks like decent conditions in Eugene.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    I think you will find that other distance events will be selected on times

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Occasional Hope View Post
    9.15.48 NR for Luiza Gega at Hengelo behind Chemutai.
    Yep, I always like to see little Gega doing well ! What with Krause & Moller currently MIA, Schlumpf now on the roads and Mismas-Zrimsek not showing much yet, Gega could be a marginal favourite for the Gold in Munich!

PS No idea what Grovdal will choose to do.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 06-06-22, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• Ursus
    replied
    Top quality spear lobbing in Hengelo. Peters winning with 90.75 followed by Weber and Walcott both over 89m.

Elsewhere the Poles are picking up the pace in the hammer. 80.19 from Fajdek and a 81.58 WL from Nowicki.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X