Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treadwater1
    replied
    That was quite the run from Allen, Holloway has been eclectic for much of the last two seasons but it’s looking like there’s a possibility he won’t come away with a global gold in either of them

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    19.60 for Noah Lyles. Quite a statement.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder if Hall might have a go at getting selection for the 400 hurdles as well (although a bit of a challenge, the US can send 4 thanks to Muhammad's defending champion wild card). She already has the qualifying time, and an ambitious programme seems to be her thing

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    No show from McLaughlin in New York.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    And EG is recovering from injury.

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Obvious troll is obvious...

• MysteryBrick
    commented on 's reply
    Right, so for Stonier, who had a PB of 3:39 until 3 weeks ago, 3:38 is a poor run. Good to know.

• marilyn1
    replied
    Wondered why the posters said nowt about our GB entrants in Sollentuna. Stonier ,Giles and Snowden . Very poor, worst this season so far.Warming up for our Trials??Did anything special happen to cause them to run 3.38s.Snowden seems to be running worse each meet.

Leave a comment:

• marilyn1
    replied
    So that's a Gold level meeting. !! Never in the field of tv coverage of shot putting has so much time been spent watching a bunch of delicious shot putters prowling round and throwing not too well.
    A pretty unbalanced meeting with a few, , very few , highlights.Thank goodness we have two DLs in the next 7 days. No decent middle or longer distance races.

Leave a comment:

• Grassmarket
    replied
    Devon Allen beats his nemesis Grant Holloway!

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    12.84 for Devon Allen and Grant Holloway well beaten, that was a bit of a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post

Just a little addition to this... Thiam also competed in the 100m hurdles in Gouden, running a decent 13.66 (+0.2m/s).... However, the really interesting part of the result is who finished ahead of the Belgian. When I saw the name "Melanie Walker" finishing 2nd in that race, I did a rather big double take. I thought the former Olympic and World 400 hurdles champion, and one of the fastest in history, had retired ears ago. But no, there she was, aged 39, making an appearance in Belgium of all places.
    For those that want to know, she finished in a time of 13.59.

Yes, I've seen Melaine Walker in a few races this year (Czech Republic, Belgium etc). And I think every startlist I've seen this year has spelt her name Melanie instead!

Until this year, I too presumed she had retired, but take a look at her World Athletics profile - https://worldathletics.org/athletes/...alker-14285977 . She has results in every year, apart from 2014, 2018 & 2019. So, maybe she did retire after 2017 and then "unretired" in 2020. In 2020 & 21 all her races were in Jamaica hence why I didn't notice, and for the few years from 2017 back, mostly small meetings in the US.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    At the Gouden Spike in Leiden (NED) today ...

Sara Kolak threw a big SB, 62.62, and had 2 other throws over 61m.
    Nafi Thiam LJ'd 6.54 (+2.4), good for 2nd behind Jogaile Petrokaite (LTU), 6.56 (almost a PB).

Yassine Hethat (ALG) won the 800 in 1:44.80.
    Just a little addition to this... Thiam also competed in the 100m hurdles in Gouden, running a decent 13.66 (+0.2m/s).... However, the really interesting part of the result is who finished ahead of the Belgian. When I saw the name "Melanie Walker" finishing 2nd in that race, I did a rather big double take. I thought the former Olympic and World 400 hurdles champion, and one of the fastest in history, had retired ears ago. But no, there she was, aged 39, making an appearance in Belgium of all places.
    For those that want to know, she finished in a time of 13.59.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Did anyone notice Yulimar Rojas's NR 6.93 in the LJ recently? I think she's going to take the double seriously in Eugene.

Leave a comment:

• Ladyloz
    commented on 's reply
    Hall has already qualified for the Worlds team in the Heptathlon. I

Fanbulleh finished 5th in Tokyo so he understands the territory so to speak.

I have a feeling Trey Cunningham might be the one most likely to do an Athing Mu and perform well on the global stage (not necessarily win). We shall see.
Working...
X