2022 Indoor Season (UK results)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rickster
    • Jun 2021

I hope Amy Hunt is okay. To me it looked like stumble in pick up and then pulled out after getting back into her running. Didn't appear to be major pull or tear. BBC said could be serious injury so not sure if they know more? Any ideas

Comment

• Occasional Hope
      • Sep 2018

Cindy Sember has improved her SB to 7.96.

Comment

• treadwater1
        • Oct 2018

That was an outright PB from George Mills on Saturday, he's in form

Comment

• Sovietvest
          • Oct 2018

Originally posted by paul
          Incredible from Hodgkinson. No one runs away from Goule like that. No one.
          It was the best performance I’ve seen by a British athlete in the flesh since Cram ran 1:43 on a wet, cold and windy afternoon in Edinburgh in 1986. I truly believe that aside from Daley, she is the greatest talent we’ve had in my lifetime.

It said a lot for the state of our sport that Sean Ingle, writing in the Observer only gave her a para at the end of half a page on Richard Kitty feeling upset about losing his silver medal. On the one hand, it’s sad that there are so few athletics journos in the national press but when Ingle focuses almost exclusively on drug stories and anything negative, we’re better off without them. The guy in The Times is just as bad.

Comment

• Grassmarket
            • Jun 2020

Daryl Neita 7.20 in her first 60m heat in Toruń - into the final, which will be the meeting closer later.

Jaz Sawyers continues to rake in the Air Miles & the wee little bottles of hotel room shampoo 6.46SB

Ama Pipi gets a good 400m in the B race 52.02 PB.
            Last edited by Grassmarket; 22-02-22, 17:50.

Comment

• Grassmarket
              • Jun 2020

Elliot Giles wins this time 1:45.42.

Guess he’s going for the free Q spot in Belgrade.

Comment

• Christy93
                • Jun 2019

Very interesting comments from Jenny Meadows in the telegraph today. Says Keely Hodgkinson tore her quad in January and had 6 weeks of disrupted training. But, that wasn't the most interesting bit, the following quote was:

"I’d be surprised if she didn’t run 1.54:50 this season outdoors. That’s realistic. Then it’s a case of whether she can meet Athing in a race where they are both committed to the time and they can see how close to the world [outdoor] record they can go"

*Surprised* if she doesn't run 1.54.5?! If she can go 1.54.5, she must be capable of a 50.0 relay leg (at least) too.

Comment

• RunUnlimited
                  • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Christy93
                  Very interesting comments from Jenny Meadows in the telegraph today. Says Keely Hodgkinson tore her quad in January and had 6 weeks of disrupted training. But, that wasn't the most interesting bit, the following quote was:

"I’d be surprised if she didn’t run 1.54:50 this season outdoors. That’s realistic. Then it’s a case of whether she can meet Athing in a race where they are both committed to the time and they can see how close to the world [outdoor] record they can go"

*Surprised* if she doesn't run 1.54.5?! If she can go 1.54.5, she must be capable of a 50.0 relay leg (at least) too.
                  As was pointed out here after he record-breaking run in Birmingham, when Keely was interviewed after the race, she straight up said that Reekie's British indoor record was the target, and said so in a totally matter-of-fact way too. She thoroughly expected to run that fast. If Jenny says she can get into the type of territory last seen in the early 80's outdoors, then I'm inclined to believe her.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                    • Sep 2018

Amber Anning runs 51.87 in the US.

Comment

• carterhatch
                      carterhatch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I fear that like last year all her great efforts will be made during the NCAA season, and at some point, much like at the outdoor trials, run out of steam. Otherwise, keep injury and illness free and a sub 51 could be on the cards
                  • RunUnlimited
                    • Oct 2018

Another good result from yesterday that might have been missed was Josh Zeller lowering his 60m hurdles PB yet again this year, running 7.67 to win the Big Ten Indoor T&F Championship final in Geneva, Ohio. That shaved 1/100th off his previous PB, set last weekend, and moves Zeller to =8th on the UK U23 all time list.

Comment

• RunUnlimited
                      • Oct 2018

Fresh update from Ian Hodge..... Josh Kerr has apparently shattered Peter Elliot's indoor mile record of 3:52.02 set in 1990.... 3:48.87! Goes to 3rd on the world all time list!

Make that a total of 3 new indoor records.... He also destroyed Elliot's indoor 1500m record (3:34.20) as he ran through that distance in 3:32.85 en route to his mile time, and in the process took down one of the oldest European indoor track records on the books too, as it outdid the 3:49.78 ran by Irish distance legend Eamonn Coghlan all the way back in 1983!
                      Last edited by RunUnlimited; 27-02-22, 20:11.

Comment

• Occasional Hope
                        Occasional Hope commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Very, very impressive.

Does he not want to do WICs?

• trickstat
                        trickstat commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The WICs were not mentioned in the radio interview I heard about 3 weeks ago.

Coghlan's run was considered pretty amazing back in 1983.

• RunUnlimited
                        RunUnlimited commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Occasional Hope I think Kerr has been clear throughout that he wasn't doing the WIC, but doing a bunch of indoor work in preparation for a tilt at winning gold over 1500m in Eugene.
                    • philipo
                      • Oct 2018

Good to see that he ran the second half quicker,; 1.56 a and bits followed by 1.52 and bits. Ia he within sight of JÌ??

Comment

• treadwater1
                        • Oct 2018

What a run from Josh, superb

Comment

• Grassmarket
                          • Jun 2020

Lorraine Ugen wins in Madrid, takes the Series!

Comment

• Grassmarket
                            • Jun 2020

Elliot Giles also wins the 800m, wins the series, gets somebody a free ticket to Belgrade!

Comment

Working...