Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the correction trickstat, I've edited my comment.

The U23 60m hurdles list is pretty strong... the top 3 on that list are the exact same top 3 on the UK all time list for 110m hurdles, Jackson, Jarrett and Pozzi. There are a couple of big what-ifs" though in the U23 listing, including the tragic Ross Baillie and the seemingly retired David Omeregie, who hasn't been seen on track since June 14th 2018. (I did an online search for him and he doesn't appear to have an sort of online or social media presence, and the most recent mention of him is from a Welsh athletics article from 2018... No mention of anything since then, no comments about injuries, setbacks, etc. Just nothing)

Hopefully Zeller shapes up like the majority on that list have gone on to be, successful athletes.

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    I was pretty confident that the GB men's 4x4 had 'bottomed out' in Tokyo and things would start to gradually pick up. While we do need to keep things in perspective, I do think that a corner is being turned to mix metaphors!

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mean Belgrade?

The U23 60h list for the UK is probably pretty strong.

• Rickster
    replied
    I hope Amy Hunt is okay. To me it looked like stumble in pick up and then pulled out after getting back into her running. Didn't appear to be major pull or tear. BBC said could be serious injury so not sure if they know more? Any ideas

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Via Ian Hodge on Twitter.... Josh Zeller's development continues as he sets 60m hurdles PBs of 7.70 and 7.68 over in Michigan, not too long after the action in Birmingham had finished. He moves up to 8th on the UK U23 all time list in the event, while also achieving the WI qualifying standard. However, Zeller's deep into the NCAA indoor season with Michigan State and won't be on the plane to [Belgrade, not Budapest, as I previously stated. Thanks trickstat ].
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 20-02-22, 11:53.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by treadwater1 View Post
    It’s very satisfying to see Ed Faulds improve with every race, that was a composed run today against senior athletes

Laura Zialor is doing now what Borthwick was doing 12 months ago, she was slightly unfortunate the next height was 1.94, had it been 1.92 or 1.93 I think she’d have got it

If KH can run like that off a few months training and no races (and an injury) the mind boggles at what she may do later this year. Sadly it looks like Mu won’t be in Budapest, she hasn’t raced since that DNF a few weeks ago and isn’t on the list of entries for US indoors
    The thing that should be scaring the world's 800m runners is how Keely described her run today as "very comfortable"... and that her aim was to beat the British record during this race... Imagine that, a 19 year old stating with typical understatement that she wanted to take on one of the fastest times run indoors in the last 16 years, and then ending up running faster than any woman has done since the day she was born!

Keely has to be the big favourite for gold if Mu isn't going to be there.... Goule is good and she was perhaps tired here following her exploits in Lievin just 2 days before, but she got roasted by Hodgkinson when she tried to go with her and I frankly can't see anybody coming close to the Brit come Belgrade.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 20-02-22, 13:42.

Leave a comment:

• treadwater1
    replied
    It’s very satisfying to see Ed Faulds improve with every race, that was a composed run today against senior athletes

Laura Zialor is doing now what Borthwick was doing 12 months ago, she was slightly unfortunate the next height was 1.94, had it been 1.92 or 1.93 I think she’d have got it

If KH can run like that off a few months training and no races (and an injury) the mind boggles at what she may do later this year. Sadly it looks like Mu won’t be in Budapest, she hasn’t raced since that DNF a few weeks ago and isn’t on the list of entries for US indoors

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    I’m keen to see how Alex H-W goes….he seemed to have hit a new gear last summer over both 2&4, and has set a 60m PB this year already…

• Christy93
    replied
    Keely Hodgkinson is an absolute star, with her and Mu around, medals will be hard to come by for other 800m runners for quite a few years.

Prediction: Charlie Dobson will become the first sub 20 & sub 45 British athlete before the end of his career. GB 4x4 will look competitive again this year with MHS, Faulds, Dobson et al.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    replied
    I think Wightman had Covid last week. Reekie - she just went a bit too hard too soon…probably needs to learn to distribute the speed that’s she been working on. It’s easily done where you think 1000m is ‘800m and hold on’ - but that only works for the strength athletes! Would have preferred to see her in the 800m or 1500m, tbh

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Lots of very good British performances, especially Keely, but a few real duds as well including Reekie & Wightman. What happened there after the talk for both of British Records here?
    I really hope that Keely can steal Athing Mu's thunder this year! Over on the T&FN forum they're already handing out Gold medals and (!) the World Record to Mu.

Mills & Copeland going well for big 3:36-low PBs in the 1500 also.

Very nice run too for Sarah Healy, 4:06.94, a marginal outright PB. Hopefully she can fulfill the promise she showed as a U18.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    LOL apparently that is also the world's fastest indoor w800 ...since the day KH was born!
    L O L

Yes indeed, Keely Hodgkinson broke a record that was set on the very same day she was born!

On the 3rd of March 2002, Jolanda Ceplak edged out Stephanie Graf to the 800m gold medal at the European Indoor Champions held in Wien, Austria, and in the process smashing the previous world and European record which had stood since 1988, with a time of 1:55.82.

It's remarkable to think that the baby girl born in the town of Atherton on that day would, nearly 20 years later, run the fastest time seen indoors since she came into this world!

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    LOL apparently that is also the world's fastest indoor w800 ...since the day KH was born!

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    The reporting of results was irritatingly random at this meeting.
    After a lot of implausible versions of the w 60m result, I think the one I believe is the one that has
    Neita 2nd with a 7.11 PB.
    Which is further excellent progress.
    (There were several different versions on screen, all wrong, with Neita variously in 3rd etc and Hunt also wrongly shown in 4th in a big PB, when in fact she was, sadly, nowhere.)

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied
    Incredible from Hodgkinson. No one runs away from Goule like that. No one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X