• Show
Clear All

• treadwater1
    replied
    Josh Zeller looked very impressive yesterday running 7.83

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    You could have said it of Daley Thompson at about the same age. Not that I'm saying he's the next Daley!

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Now where have we heard that one before ?

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    PB for Euro junior medallist Success Eduan over 60, 7.43.

PB in the shot for Divine Oladipo, 17.92.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Looking on Power of 10 in terms of decathlon, he is pretty strong across the track and jumps but relatively weak in the throws.

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    Last weekend Murray Fotheringham and Sammy Ball got 2nd and 3rd all time UK under 20 heptathlon scores of 5774 and 5602 respectively. Fotheringham's weakness seems to be the shot.

Leave a comment:

• LoveSprints1
    replied
    From Loughborough

Amy Hunt 7.30 PB followed by 7.24 PB

Mia McIntosh 60H PB to 8.41s.
    Last edited by LoveSprints1; 15-01-22, 17:43.

Leave a comment:

• Occasional Hope
    replied
    PB over 60m for Amber Anning yesterday.

Cindy Sember starts her season with 8.19 over the hurdles.

Leave a comment:

• jjimbojames
    commented on 's reply
    For comparison, he ran 32.74 outdoors in 2015 and a few days later ran 45.09 for 400m. 45.39i is the British record (Baulch, 97 - although I’d argue he was the perfect build for indoor’s tight bends)

• LoveSprints1
    replied
    Originally posted by carterhatch View Post
    Ian Hodge has tweeted that 'Contesting his first indoor race in eight years, Matt Hudson-Smith shows encouraging form with 32.80 for 300m in Alabama-- breaking the U.K. best of 32.90 by Ade Mafe..' ...

That's very positive in terms of the time, that he is fit and running indoors, so changing approach ... more of the same please from the mercurial MHS
    It would be so great to see MHS fulfil his potential. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    replied
    Ian Hodge has tweeted that 'Contesting his first indoor race in eight years, Matt Hudson-Smith shows encouraging form with 32.80 for 300m in Alabama-- breaking the U.K. best of 32.90 by Ade Mafe..' ...

That's very positive in terms of the time, that he is fit and running indoors, so changing approach ... more of the same please from the mercurial MHS

Leave a comment:

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Aargh! All last summer Jenny Nesbitt toiled at the 5000 and in 7 attempts at the distance kept on missing the Welsh 15:30 Comm Games standard by 5 or 10 seconds.

At the BMC Sheffield Indoor meeting today she ran a marginal outright PB. But, still not quite quick enough ... a tantalising 0.32s outside the 15:30 Comm Games standard!

However, I'd totally missed that she ran 8:44.92 in a mixed 3000 recently in Cardiff which is a big leap for her. That suggests it's only a matter of time before she smashes through 15:30 and indicative perhaps that she could also get the 15:10 Worlds standard.

Amelia Quirk won in 15:27.75 (also an outright PB and I think she can get the Worlds standard too). The English Comm Games standard is also 15:30.

In the Men's 3000 'A' race Ossama Meslek sprinted past Jake Wightman in the last 50m to win in 7:50.14 PB.

Full results - https://www.britishmilersclub.com/re...-2022-results/

Leave a comment:

• carterhatch
    commented on 's reply
    I was going to mention this at the time, perhaps has a plan to try and represent Wales at the Commonwelath Games, if only as part of a 4x400.

Sam Talbot put in a couple of PBs .[SP, 60H] at Sheffield last week. Good to see him actively back.

Let's hope its going to be a very busy year for all the athletes..

• treadwater1
    replied
    I noticed SBD ran a 1:29 for 600 a few weeks ago in Manchester in a mixed race

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    started a topic 2022 Indoor Season (UK results)

2022 Indoor Season (UK results)

Seeing as we are now officially into 2022, I thought it would be a good idea to start up a thread for the indoor season - the current situation regarding the Omnicron Covid variant obviously having to be taken into consideration.

Please post results for GB&NI (and Irish) athletes in this thread.
Working...
X