Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    He sounds like someone who will benefit massively from the structure of a US college programme.

• LoveSprints1
    replied
    Originally posted by CAML View Post
    When I first saw Toby Makoyawo run in 2018 he had the worst technique I had ever seen. It was bizarre to watch him compete against young sprinters and keep up with them, despite this. Every year I've seen him since, I've always had the same thought 'He looks better, but he still has lots to do'. Blessed with a great physique, all the hard work he and his coaches have put in is starting to pay off. He is going to run very fast this year. He's the biggest male sprint talent since Prescod.
    He's gone to a great technical coach at Boston - Gabe Sanders. That's why everything is coming together. It will be exciting to see what Toby does for the rest of the indoor season, then outdoors.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Sprintfan View Post
    Interesting facts. She mentioned on Instagram that she was coming for a 36 (second run)
    Dare I say that with her being 20 coming 21 years old with 7.21 at 60m, her 22.42 at200m and this 37.61 for 300m, she could be seen as a strong potential to emulate Kathy Cook?
    I (and several others on this site) have been saying much the same about Hunt since her incredible performance in Mannheim in 2019.

Personally, I see her running faster still in the 60m this winter, definitely into the 7.1s at least, and one of the qualifiers for the World Indoors in March (along with Neita). Hunt is looking a lot more like the relaxed, happy and carefree athlete that she was as a 17 year old, and when she is like that, she can run super fast times

Leave a comment:

• CAML
    replied
    When I first saw Toby Makoyawo run in 2018 he had the worst technique I had ever seen. It was bizarre to watch him compete against young sprinters and keep up with them, despite this. Every year I've seen him since, I've always had the same thought 'He looks better, but he still has lots to do'. Blessed with a great physique, all the hard work he and his coaches have put in is starting to pay off. He is going to run very fast this year. He's the biggest male sprint talent since Prescod.

Leave a comment:

• Sprintfan
    replied
    Interesting facts. She mentioned on Instagram that she was coming for a 36 (second run)
    Dare I say that with her being 20 coming 21 years old with 7.21 at 60m, her 22.42 at200m and this 37.61 for 300m, she could be seen as a strong potential to emulate Kathy Cook?

Leave a comment:

• drobbie
    commented on 's reply
    apparently she had a niggle with her knee which is why she stopped at 1.72 in the high jump

• RunUnlimited
    commented on 's reply
    That run puts her 9th on the UK's all time list for indoor 300m, though the top four times listed were recorded from 400m runs and hand timed (the top time of 36.0 being from Nicola Sanders outstanding 50.02 British record in 2007.) So Hunt's time for an official 300m puts her in 5th place overall.

Personally I thought was a good run and a good experience for her. Going up against the likes of Gabby Thomas and being not that far away from her at the end would be pretty heartening.

• Occasional Hope
    commented on 's reply
    Testing the waters for her potential at 400 perhaps?

• Sprintfan
    replied
    Amy Hunt Runs 300m Indoors in 37.61. Where does that put her in the UK's all time rankings? Good experience for her or not? I'm on the fence.

Leave a comment:

• SprintRelayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting comment as last year I thought he had the speed but was very straggly. Good news if he’s improved his technique!

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Lorraine Ugen ended up winning the long jump contest, further improving out to another meeting record distance of 6.71m in round 4. Jaz Sawyers best was 6.34m for 5th place, a season's best.

Leave a comment:

• drobbie
    commented on 's reply
    i was wondering about that regarding nesbitt

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    More PBs in the 3000, this time for the women - Markovc 8:44.15 & Nesbitt 8:48.48 (though Nesbitt has run 8:44.9 in a mixed race indoors). Both well behind Debues-Stafford though - 8:33.92 NR.
    Last edited by LuckySpikes; 06-02-22, 18:49.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by RunUnlimited View Post
    Lorraine Ugen looks like she's back in some form, currently leading the women's long jump at the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix in New York, with a best of 6.62m so far. Jazmin Sawyers is in 4th place at the moment with a season's best of 6.28m
    And now Ugen improves to 6.70m in the 3rd round, which is a meeting record apparently.
    Last edited by RunUnlimited; 06-02-22, 18:34.

Leave a comment:

• RunUnlimited
    replied
    Lorraine Ugen looks like she's back in some form, currently leading the women's long jump at the New Balance Indoor Grand Prix in New York, with a best of 6.62m so far. Jazmin Sawyers is in 4th place at the moment with a season's best of 6.28m

Leave a comment:

Working...
X