Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are the Ten Best Women Marathoners just now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    58 days until the London Marathon. Doing my research: is Azimeraw in or out?

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    The course was far from flat. I was surprised to see Stenson and the Kenyan run away from Helalia with about 6k to go

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    The combination of a flat course and cool, almost still conditions could elevate Maureen Chepkemoi as a gold medal threat. In my opinion, that is all standing in front of another Namibian gold

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    Defending Commonwealth Games Champ is either favourite or second favourite here. Helalia was 37 then and a week short of 42 here but with amazing results into her forties.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    Less than nine hours until the women’s world champs marathon. Hard to see Ruth not winning

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    Peres was added, now injured and out

• LuckySpikes
    replied
    Originally posted by Aussiestatman View Post
    Strange predictions on this website. Yehualaw?
    Yeah, where's that come from? There's also a few other events where they've highlighted athletes who aren't entered, e.g., Sandra Arenas in the W 20km Race Walk.

Bold prediction for the Men's Marathon too with Stephen Kissa winning!

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    Strange predictions on this website. Yehualaw?

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    London has announced an incredible women’s list with the men named tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    After Worlds, there are 4 potentially very quick marathons in the second half of the year. Berlin, London, Chicago, and Valencia. Kosgei has the WL now, but I believe 3 or 4 times could usurp it by years end. Gidey is the obvious one in Valencia, but Brigid herself may go again, and YY may take more minutes off her debut. A fourth sub 2.16 might come from Bekere or Dereje.

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    Seidel is out. The top 6 I mentioned will fight for the medals but Seidel and the Belarussian ex-walker are strong enough to finish top 5 if a few of the best have an off day, IMO

• Aussiestatman
    replied
    Originally posted by Walsh7 View Post
    2022 World Championships Marathon Teams:

Kenya --
    Women: Ruth Chepng’etich, Judith Jeptum, Maureen Chepkemoi, Angela Tanui
    Men: Geoffrey Kamworor, Lawrence Cherono, and Barnabas Kiptum, (Alternate: Geoffrey Kirui)

Ethiopia--
    Women: Ashete Bekere, Ababel Yeshaneh, Goitom Geberesilssie, (Alternate: Degitu Azimeraw, Hiwot Gebrekidan)
    Men: Tamirat Tola, Mosinet Geremew, Leul Gebresilase, (Alternate: Sisay Lemma, Chalu Deso)
    Looks like Peres is added. fight for medals increases to 6 chances

Leave a comment:

• Aussiestatman
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, great work. So if my rankings hold up like they did in Tokyo earlier this year:!Bekere, Ruth, Gotytom, Yeshaneh, and Tanui fight out the medals. And to add another layer: any of the five who give their all probably won’t have a chance of backing up at full strength for a fall marathon.

• Walsh7
    replied
    2022 World Championships Marathon Teams:

Kenya --
    Women: Ruth Chepng’etich, Judith Jeptum, Maureen Chepkemoi, Angela Tanui
    Men: Geoffrey Kamworor, Lawrence Cherono, and Barnabas Kiptum, (Alternate: Geoffrey Kirui)

Ethiopia--
    Women: Ashete Bekere, Ababel Yeshaneh, Goitom Geberesilssie, (Alternate: Degitu Azimeraw, Hiwot Gebrekidan)
    Men: Tamirat Tola, Mosinet Geremew, Leul Gebresilase, (Alternate: Sisay Lemma, Chalu Deso)

Last edited by Walsh7; 26-05-22, 21:33.

Leave a comment:

• trickstat
    commented on 's reply
    Yes even those countries that have announced selections will be entering their marathon runners at the same time as the rest of their team.

With a bit of research, a partial prospective start list would likely be possible.
Working...
X