Rana Reider under investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rana Reider under investigation

Rana Reider under investigation and British athletes told to ‘cease all association’ with him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...conduct-claims

This on top of the drugs bust of Blessing doesnt look good

I think Lina and Lavia have just joined that group also?

Comment

• Ladyloz
      Ladyloz commented
      Editing a comment
      Lina was working with him since beginning of 2021. Laviai was working with Christine Bowmaker up until this summer so her planned involvement may be new, although things may change now.

Of course it's a fairly open secret as to why British Athletics originally let him go back in 2014 - so this US investigation regarding sexual misconduct is not surprising in that light.

And for likes of Gemili & Christian Taylor may not be wise to continue associating with him in view of their heavy involvement with The Athletics Association.
      Last edited by Ladyloz; 03-11-21, 14:24.

• LoveSprints1
      LoveSprints1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Ladyloz am surprised they allowed British athletes to work with him at all considering the situation you allude to and we all know! A little bit of NIMBY but alright if you do it overseas!

Originally posted by Stew-Coach View Post
    This on top of the drugs bust of Blessing doesnt look good

I think Lina and Lavia have just joined that group also?
    I think Lina and Lavia will now go into the record books for the quickest end to a coaching relationship! Wonder if they will stay in the US or return.

Comment

I wish I knew what that 2014 scenario was! I'm guessing there was a relationship with an athlete?

Comment

• Porkinson
        Porkinson commented
        Editing a comment
        I dunno the rules about posting rumours, but one of the first comments here will tell you who

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_r...hread=10938388

• Paps
        Paps commented
        Editing a comment
        Some ugly stuff on that thread Porkinson. Makes me appreciate this forum all the more!

• Porkinson
        Porkinson commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed Paps!

Although I feel it's sometimes useful to sample in appropriate doses, just to remind oneself those viewpoints exist.

There is also some useful knowledge and insight there in general, if you're prepared to brave it and form your own opinions.

Athletes standing ground

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...cs-over-reider

Comment

• Paps
        Paps commented
        Editing a comment
        I imagine that Gemili is means tested out of the money and not sure he'd benefit from the medical support due to geography. UKA may not have much leverage over him.

• larkim
        larkim commented
        Editing a comment
        Nonetheless, it's not good publicity to be standing firm in the face of someone being investigated for the sorts of allegations being put to RR. A carefully worded statement which says that they "understand the severity of the investigation" but have "never seen or heard anything which would have raised concerns" for them, d"ue process" etc etc, "better to temporarily make alternative training arrangements until the investigations are concluded" etc would be wise; otherwise they could find themselves continuing to be associated with a coach who has serious findings against them. But it keeps open the door for a return. They've got to be ultra careful that they don't appear to be doubting the source of the claims as that could make them look like apologists.

• Occasional Hope
        Occasional Hope commented
        Editing a comment
        I think they're being a bit silly. Daryll is very young still, but Adam really ought to know better.

I did consider creating a new thread to gather together news on coaches banned or under investigation as such news seems to be accumalating ...

Athletics coach John Lees given lifetime ban

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/59338126

Comment

Working...
      X